Thread: EVGA 250 GTS Graphic Corruption issue

EVGA 250 GTS Graphic Corruption issue

I just finished building my pc and powered it up just to see if everything was getting power and everything looked fine. I accidental hit the reset cmos button on the back of my motherboard. After that when i turn on my system, i was getting flickering lines on my monitor screen. So, I had tried to revert the nvidia drivers back to several different earlier versions as I had read there may be issues with the most current ones. This did not solve the issue so I am now back to the most current version. As well as DirectX, C++ etc etc. So, can any one tell me that how do i resolve EVGA 250 GTS Graphic Corruption issue? Any one has any idea about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: EVGA 250 GTS Graphic Corruption issue

Does it continue to flicker? After "warming up" from sleep mode, how does it perform? The 4800 series is known for generating a good amount of heat, but it's nothing to worry about if you don't have other issues such as a motherboard or case with an odd configuration that impedes airflow.

EVGA will stand behind thier name, just don't delay registering your card or suffer warranty loss. Turned off all AA and Anis filtering as well as lowering settings in the Sims 3. Still getting the artifacting. If the replacement card has the same problems then it is probably a software issue. Reinstall the drivers after sweeping the old drivers. Not sure what else I can do at this point other then making the drive to go pickup a new card. Seems that a new card like this should not require this much messing around so I am guessing the card itself has to have a defect.

Assuming you are not referring to how all of the hair selections in the game do, in fact, look retarded this is a problem caused by antialiasing. The GTS 250 is slightly faster but both cards are practically the same speed, I would buy the cheapest of the two as the difference performance wise would be hard to spot. Turn forced antialiasing off in your videocards control panel (if you know how to turn it on, you'll know how to turn it off) and update to the newest drivers for your card.

First of please go to your user cp and fill out all your systen specs (top of page) Secondly did you disable onboard graphics in your bios (if an option?). It sounds to me like a PSU problem. You can check your NB temp in the BIOS, it would shutdown if it over temperature.

Have you plugged in the necessary power connectors to the card? This problem could be easily solved by replacing 512Mb with 1GB chips, though. Is it seated properly? I would first try updating my chipset drivers and my bios since the board is old. Of course using the onboard graphics to do this. Then I would try the card again. As a result, the GeForce GTX 275 would have more memory than the Radeon HD 4890 and even than the dual-processor flagships from both ATI and Nvidia.