Thread: Lenovo G530 Video driver problem

Lenovo G530 Video driver problem

I have a problem with my Lenovo G530 laptop. Just got the drivers from Lenovo support page. Now the problem is that when i try to install it, it gives out me an error such as “Driver Installation Failed: Could not find MEDIA device for this driver. So, can any one tell me that how do i resolve Lenovo G530 Video driver problem? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Lenovo G530 Video driver problem

Have you looked in the BIOS at the power options? Perhaps there is an option of sorts there. For that you need to first download and install KB888111, get it from here, this driver contains latest version of Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (MS UAA), if you’ve installed older version, you may should uninstall it first.

Lenovo Y510 notebook has an Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN wireless card. After installing Microsoft UAA, you can install audio driver and modem driver on your system. Now on Display Properties Settings there are two entries again but the one that was automatically selected was a new one called "Plug and Play Monitor on Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family", and it includes the correct 1280 X 800 res. All looked good.

You are adjusting the power settings in windows power management, correct or are you using something from Lenovo? On Intel's site, there is an Intel Driver Update Utility. It reports the driver number, and that the driver is the current version. I would think if I had the wrong driver it would give a warning. When you click on a download link and a new page opens that is of uploading.com, click on “download free” on that page. After that wait for the timer to finish and than click on “download”.

There is a check box "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". I uncheck the box and clicked Apply. Power management on battery power is very unsatisfactory. I was used to exceeding Vista's power management on my old Toshiba. Then I was able to select the correct screen resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels. This setting stays put and after several restarts it has not changed. The Product ID on the bottom panel is 4446 24U. I thought they were the right drivers, but I'll download the one you linked to just in case. Thanks for letting me know about it.