Thread: GeForce 7200 GS won't be detected.!! Help.!!

GeForce 7200 GS won't be detected.!! Help.!!

I was unable to play the recently launched games, so I bought Evga e-GeForce 7200 GS. Thinking that updating this card will allow me to play the modern games. But my windows are not able to detect the graphic card. Also before configuring the 7200 GS, I figured out there was video card problem also. I thought that updating with graphic card will resolve the issue. I also uninstalled the current drivers for the onboard video card and shut off the computer. I popped in the video card but when I go to turn on the computer (with it being plugged in to the new videocard), it won't detect it. Please help me to sort this problem.!
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Re: GeForce 7200 GS won't be detected.!! Help.!!

I would like to tell you first take the video card out, plug into the onboard and then see if it works. After doing this turn it off and re-install the new video card and then turn it on. By doing this you can find the problem and can solve soon.
    I don't think that there is some problem with your video card since it is new, check the configuration that you have done. Also try to install the latest drivers required for the video card.(many times it get detected automatically without installing the drivers) Hope by doing this you will resolve the problem.

Try to reinstall the video card. If you have installed the driver for video card, then uninstall it. Now plug in the card to check that you are getting any video. Take out the card and don't remove the onboard video driver (it might be needed to display the default video from the card). Now turn off your system. Install the card and start your system. Also while doing this make sure you plug in your monitor cord into the card and not the onboard video. Now install the drivers that came along with the card. Hope this will work.

This might happen if you not install the drivers properly needed for your video card. Go to the Device Manager, and double click on the display adapter. If it is showing any other driver in that then uninstall that drivers. Then go to the Control Panel and check nvidia drivers in the Add / Remove program. If it is present then uninstall that after uninstalling the card in device manager. Then try to reinstall the video card as instructed in manual.

Try to install the latest driver that are available for your video card. Make sure that your video card is working properly. Some times it happens that even new card are not working properly. Check the video card on other system. If it works then the drivers you will have to install correctly. Also make sure that there is no dust in the slot of the video card.

I would like to tell you check couple of things. Make sure that your power supply has a connector to power the video card, otherwise your video card cannot be detected as it is not getting the power. Check that you have a pci-express slot where you inserted the video card. Also be sure that your monitor cord is plugged into the video card and not the onboard video.