Thread: Compaq Desktop does not support Graphic games

Compaq Desktop does not support Graphic games

I have a old Compaq Desktop. It is a Pentium 4 system with 256 MB of RAM. Other than this I have a 80Gb hard drive and a DVD RW. This looks a very low configuration. Now if I go for a upgrade or for a new pc then which is better. My most basic requirement is playing games like Assassins Creed, COD, etc. I had tired to play some in my old computer but the same crashed many times. I usually don't think to upgrade this. What points should I kept in mind while going to buy a PC especially for playing high end graphic games.

Re: Compaq Desktop does not support Graphic games

With the huge amount of hardware present in today's market, specially designed to provide the support necessary to run the most sophisticated video games, when we face the dilemma of choosing the elements that make up our PC for games . This tells us that the better the computer you choose, the greater its performance and of course the life time of it. If you go in any hardware shop and ask for a better gaming pc then you will get a much greater configuration system then what you have listed It is one of the most important components in such equipment, it is recommended for choosing a good 3D accelerator, preferably from brands such as Nvidia or ATI.

One of the key aspects to consider when purchasing the video card is the memory capacity offered, as this component will be responsible for storing and playing important details of the video game graphics, such as textures, reliefs, and others and on the other hand is responsible to send certain instructions to the processor and the rest of the elements during the execution of a game. The greater capacity offered by the video card, the performance you will get will be higher, since the exchange of data between itself, the processor and RAM will be smoother.

Also, by purchasing the video card we emphasize other aspects that compose it, such as the inclusion of DVI, VGA, TV-out, as well as its cooling system and power consumption required.

Significantly, those demanding users may resort to using more of a 3D accelerator, which can be configured to work in sync. If that's the case, we must choose the motherboard supports this type of system.

Consider that if we buy a computer with the latest technology, like most computers from the Dell company, we have secured the most complex to run games at full quality. If you are interested in arming ourselves a PC dedicated to games, the ideal performance is carefully evaluated to provide us with the different components that include, and how each will work with other elements to achieve an adequate enabling withstand the most demanding applications. I will recommend you to get a New Gigabyte board with Intel C2D and at least 4GB RAM with a 1GB GPU.

The first thing you have to see is the motherboard, which will be the crucial element that will define the amount of video cards and RAM that can be used, processor type, and the different variants of wiring accessories. To choose the right motherboard, it must have PCI slot-type E, where we can connect the video card, in addition to supporting at least two RAM mdules of 2 GB each. Pay attention to the kind of connections that it provides, because it will include USB ports, audio input, network, among others.

Ideally, buy a model of multiple cores, such as Intel Core, since they allow us to perform various tasks in parallel, without reducing the overall performance of the PC. Consider that within the processor functions include aspects related to the virtual world, artificial intelligence, graphics and sound. It is therefore essential that we acquire a processor provide an important operating performance. It is advisable to choose a disc type solid state, also known as SSD, because they tend to have higher speed of processes, both to write and read data, compared to traditional hard drives.

Another key element for the proper performance of a PC dedicated to games, is without doubt the RAM, given that the more memory, superior performance will get the team to succeed, we must also take into account the factor speed, because the more rapid is this component will involve greater amount of data transferred between memory and the central chip. The best practice is to choose two modules of DDR3 RAM 2Gb type, which can be about the 1333 MHz, and are currently the most modern and a raid market. However, you can also acquire exclusive models gamers reports, which can be up to 4 GB of capacity and be accompanied by a series of heat sinks.