Thread: No picture on MacBook external monitor

No picture on MacBook external monitor

Today I received a new screen within the Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW.

I use this as an external display for my Macbook. I 'm connected as follows: MacBook -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter -> DVI-DVI cable -> monitor.

The problem is as follows;
    When I connect the screen, I get called the 'normal' response of the screen of my MacBook, because this is just blue, and then back to normal, but then The external display is lit, but I get no picture.

Why there is no picture on MacBook external monitor, even in my system preferences "Detect Displays" click, the screen not found.

Can you please help me !!!

Re: No picture on MacBook external monitor

With the MacBook running, connect an external monitor and turn it on. Depending on how your display preferences set, you'll either be in mirror mode or extended desktop mode. If the extended desktop mode, switch to mirror mode. Close the MacBook. External display will go to sleep mode. Take any type of USB device and plug it into the MacBook, use an external drive media card. This Wake up on external monitor and the MacBook. You must have your desktop appears on your external monitor at full resolution

The Magma ExpressBox looks interesting, but clumsy. Do you have an old PCI video out there? You push it in this box, then connect the box through the ExpressCard slot and boom, has a second external monitor. I guess if you can find a PCI card with dual outputs, you could have an third external monitor.

Drivers are not required if it is good for the Mac, and therefore can not be found. You should test with another DVI cable on another pc. The only problem is that it does not detects really, because the image is accustomed to, if I turn off my MacBook, the display at once. I can not even remotely up, because I can not enter preferences for the display, because it is not seen by my MacBook.

I hope that anyone who has experienced this before, and knows a solution.

To get picture on MacBook external monitor, you must have the power cord connected. I tried for several minutes yesterday to get my MacBook to wake up an external keyboard and monitor before unpacking my AC adapter from my backpack, and unworkable. If you have a DVI to VGA adapter, try to connect a VGA cable to a DVI port. This should your problem.