Thread: Matrox P650 fails at high resolution on Windows 7

Matrox P650 fails at high resolution on Windows 7

I had been running Windows 7 on my system. Now the problem seems to be that i'm unable to set my graphics to 1920x1200x60Hz. But other lower resolutions works very well on my system, but at this resolution the screen just goes blank. I've looked at the Windows update catalog but there are no P650 drivers for Windows Vista or Windows7. Can any one tell me that why does Matrox P650 fails at high resolution on Windows 7? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Matrox P650 fails at high resolution on Windows 7

You need Windows 7 compatible drivers for you video card. 64 Studio is built for stable performance. All the components in the official release are tested and maintained to ensure reliable operation. 2.1 is just showing it's kernel and GUI age at the moment.

The hard cold fact is that Matrox does not produce a high end gaming card. Matrox doesn't list any currently, but you can try the Vista drivers to see if they might work. There's no guarantee the Vista will work. Matrox video cards just won’t be found in the constantly changing pole position between ATI and NVIDIA gaming benchmarks. Matrox delivers desktop quality over multiple monitors.

I think you should manually edit the xorg.conf file, and then try to changed the driver to mtx. For that first you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software, then click Search automatically for updated driver software. Or if you want you can check out the following link. Hope so it may resolve your above issue.