Thread: Evaluating Apple iMac 27-inch

Evaluating Apple iMac 27-inch

I had built a machine 5 years ago which recently went to hell, and since the interest its not there to build a new so I'm strongly considering an iMac 27". I am big fan of Windows 7 and have never been tested before OS X.

No, what I mostly use the computer for this are: Internet, movie watching, music, design in photoshop/illustrator, drawing with wacom tablet and a little after effects.

To those who have the new iMac: Is it very much glare screens? Is it so that if I have a window behind me as I see it in the daytime?

And what about noise?

Re: Evaluating Apple iMac 27-inch

You should go for the Mac, because you are doing the editing of various media and a lot of daily internet/instant messaging, etc. Mac makes things a lot faster than a PC in the same price range.

I have used the iMac 24", they never made the noise, ran with Final Cut (video editing) in HD and lots more. One could in the worst hear a little fan, no annoying beep sounds or the hard drive rumble. Not at all , for a total of 3 iMac I used.

iMac is a lot of money, especially if you go for 27" with i7 CPU

If Windows are an issue, you can install the BAE on the Mac with Boot Camp, easy and works well shit, use parallel for Windows and OSX up at the same time, very good

Huh? This I do not take. I'm nearly religious fan of Apple products, but if one only looks at speed and crown will not be Apple first right, at least if one thinks of hardware capacity, not efficiency in work. At the same time is the last generation iMac very favorable price.

I have no good definitive answer, really. Personally, I have not had any problems with it despite slightly tricky position of light sources and windows, others are eager opponents of glossy displays at every opportunity. Do you know no one with an Apple laptop you can borrow to test at your house? Perceive the screens on my laptops, which quite similar to that iMac in terms of glare.

All iMac I've been touched - all since "light screen" was launched for ~ 10 years ago - has been quiet.

A hot tip could also be to check whether it is to replace your Windows licenses to Mac licenses, otherwise the transition quickly become expensive fun.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade your video card? 27" deadlines violently, but most games are good to kneel under the resolution without a decent video card. I'm Afraid HD4850 does not do the job there. That there is an extensive operation is well above any doubt, the question is rather whether a ordinary mortal can do it?

I have not tried very much, but the few games I've tried, Need for Speed, Call of Duty 4++, has been entirely without problems with GeForce 8600M GT MBP late 2008, so the iMac will be significantly better. Selection of games is worse on OS X, but is not hard to put into Windows (remember that when the cost x-pounds for the license of Windows).

Furthermore, it offers the apple store today, not much, but worth taking with him. Any check out ADC discount, pays off on the most expensive machines.

Would also recommend going for i5 and i7 processors, quite a large performance leap compared to the Core 2 Duo.

To the thread starts, remember that you can not use the Windows license of Creative Suite, you must purchase the new OS X license.