Thread: Windows 7 not detecting nVidia GeForce 9800 GT

Windows 7 not detecting nVidia GeForce 9800 GT

I was earlier using Windows XP Service Pack 2 along with Intel Dual Core processor and 512 MB RAM. Recently I had done a system up-gradation and switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate. I also changed my motherboard and increased hard disk. I now have a 3GB RAM along with Intel Quad Core processor. Earlier I installed Windows XP to check if the configuration worked along with the new 512MB nVidia Geforce 9800 GT graphic card. Then I installed installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything was running fine but the graphic card was not detected. What is the reason ?

Re: Windows 7 not detecting nVidia GeForce 9800 GT

The reason can be that your Nvidia geforce 9800 GT video card drivers might need to be updated. You can go to the Device Manager and under the display adapters, right on graphics adapter and then select update driver software. This will update the video card drivers for you. Make sure that you internet is working. And if still the problem does not solves out then might be the video card is faulty.

I would suggest you to check that the graphic card is properly plugged in or not. This happened with me when I bought my new ATI Radeon HD 4770 graphic card. When I tested it in the shop from where I purchased it, it worked nicely. When I plugged it on my desktop that graphic card was not detected. I then unplugged it and plugged it back in and this solved the issue for.

As you already described that the nVidia graphic card worked fine and was detected in Windows XP, then should also be detected in Windows 7 Ultimate as well. You can do a re-installation of Windows 7 Ultimate to fix the problem. Re-install Windows 7 Ultimate and make sure that installation is done successfully. Try to borrow another Windows 7 Ultimate installation disc to install Windows 7 Ultimate and check if the graphic card is detected or not.