Thread: Uninstalled ATI Catalyst Install Manager, screen messed up.

Uninstalled ATI Catalyst Install Manager, screen messed up.

I ran Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to make sure my laptop could support it.
    I currently run Vista Home Premium 64-bit, my laptop is a Gateway NV52.
    The Advisor recommended I uninstall ATI Catalyst Install Manager before upgrading to Windows 7 and then reinstall it after upgrading. I had no idea what ATI was, nor did I ever use it. Last time it was used, according to control panel was before I even bought my laptop. So I clicked it, it opened, I clicked uninstall and when the process started my screen changed. It zoomed in, like it looks in Safe Mode. Then I ran the Advisor again and now it tells me my display driver or something isn't compatible. Now I know what ATI does...and it still is on the list of Programs, and my screen is still zoomed in or big or however you want to describe it.

I ran the manager again, this time I checked "repair" and ATI repaired itself supposedly, but my screen is still like this.

EDIT: Never mind. It seemed all it did was lower the resolution. I feel stupid now for missing that simple fact. Problem Fixed.

Re: Uninstalled ATI Catalyst Install Manager, screen messed up.

Re-running the installation should install CCC for you. ATI is a maker of graphics cards. However, when the Cat installations get a little messed up, it's always best to start from scratch. ATI Catalyst Manager is the program it uses to set settings, resolutions, etc. Uninstall "ATI install manager" from control panel/uninstall programs and let it remove all ATI components. Reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper. It must be 'run as admin' . Make sure you only select ATI and then select analyse first to verify that's all your removing. Then clean the drivers. Reboot normally and re-run the driver installation again. Both the driver and CCC should now be correctly installed.