Thread: Samsung lcd monitor problem

Samsung lcd monitor problem

Just few day back i had bought a new Samsung lcd monitor. I am currently using the onboard graphic card which is Radeon Express 1250 on M2V-VM all in one Asus motherboard. Now the problem is that when i turn the brightness down it comes up with dark horizontal lines going down the screen about 1" long. Can any body tell me that why i'm hacing such Samsung lcd monitor problem? Any ideas how can i fixed this problem? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Samsung lcd monitor problem

By far the most common problem with LCD monitors is poor picture quality. Troubleshooting LCD Power supply is a lot easier than the computer monitor power supply. There are several different things that can cause the image on the screen to appear blurry or distorted, but there are relatively easy fixes for most of these problems.

A dead pixel is defined as a pixel or set of sub-pixels that has failed and is permanently in the off position. Have you tried another monitor to make sure it is the monitor and not something else? You may have to replace the monitor anyway. This condition means that the pixel will not let any light through. This can be observed as a dark or black spot on a brightly colored or white background.

The number of pixels that the monitor contains is known as the monitor's native resolution. LCD panels are very complicated devices to put together. Each pixel in an LCD monitor is controlled by a number of transistors embedded into sheets of material. The monitor can display resolutions below its native resolution, but doing so usually results in a poor quality image because the monitor has to stretch the lower resolution image over a high number of pixels.