Thread: Total PC Failure: What's the Cause?

ohmy Total PC Failure: What's the Cause?

Hello all,
    I've been having a problem with my considerably new PC for the past few months.
    There's a number of possible causes plaguing it, however none of them seem to be consistent.
    I'm now unable to enter an OS, or do anything relatively useful with it.
    It has a Phenom X4 9850 @2.5GHz, an Asus EAH4870 512mb GDDR5, 6Gb of DDR2 RAM, an Asus M3A79-T Deluxe motherboard, and a Xigmatek 650Watt power supply.

The problems started slowly; I was getting crashes whilst playing games, and these crashes were usually accompanied by some kind of graphical corruption; multi-coloured squares, dashes and all sorts were flashing all over the screen, almost like snow. Then eventually, I had problems booting altogether. It didn't beep or post. But mysteriously, after a fortnight of non-use, it seemed to start working again. During the period of it not working, I'd tried everything; flashing the BIOS, rebuilding it, cleaning it thouroughly, replacing the thermal solution on the CPU and GPU, as well as the video RAM. None worked.

It continued working for about a month and a half; there was no graphical corruption of any sort at this time. I was able to keep the system stable throughout by underclocking the GPU. But eventually, this method no longer worked, and now I am completely unable to boot into Windows. Even the BIOS is experiencing graphical corruption, so I'm completely unsure of what's actually causing the problem.

I run Windows 7 RC1 x64. I can get to the 'Starting Windows' screen, but as soon as the logo is supposed to appear in the middle of the screen when it's loading, the computer reboots. I can only access the BIOS, and nothing there seems to make any visible difference.

Early on when I had this PC, I had problems with the EAH4870's fan; it had stopped working completely (it was stock, and this problem was apparently widespread), so I replaced it with an Akasa Vortexx Neo heatsink and fan, which does a nice job at keeping the card at a steady temperature; even moreso when I replaced the thermal solution. Yet, the good temperature levels seem to make no difference at all to the problem.

I'd be very indebted to anybody who can find some sort of advice or solution to this problem. I'm quite new to these forums, so... please be nice

Thankyou to anybody who reads,
    Variasam2 / Sam

Re: Total PC Failure: What's the Cause?

There are multiple reasons for this. First if go on the software basis then the problem happens due to driver conflicts or old version of drivers. Your system will crash more frequently if you are using a Pirated copy of operating system. Because they are not stable. In the case of hardware check that your system has adequate powersupply. Second thing change your RAM slots or hire a new one for temporary basis. Otherwise check your motherboard in a different system.