Thread: Graphics Card for Photoshop CS3

Graphics Card for Photoshop CS3

I want to buy the graphics card to use the photoshop cs3, i'm doing Animation Multimedia so i want to buy a graphics card which will be enough to use the applications like photoshop cs3,3dMaz\x,maya etc and for video editing etc. Please advice me some good gfx, my budget is max 4k, or should i manage more budget? Thanks for any help..

Re: Graphics Card for Photoshop CS3

Why you buying for CS3? you should go for CS4, hence it is always better to be at one step ahead. First post your current system specs, because you have to buy the compatible graphics card with your mobo and processor etc.

Check out the System requirements for Photoshop CS4 here: System Requirements for Adobe Photoshop CS4

And also refer to following useful threads for you:

Graphics Cards Price List in India
    advise for a animation computer specification
    Computer for 3D animation
    System Specifications for animation student
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Photoshop is CPU heavy, not GPU heavy. There is really no need to upgrade your GPU just for photo editing. So if you CPu is not compatible with CS3 then upgrade it first instead of Graphics Card, and it will be good if you buy graphics card for rest of the applications like 3dMax and other video editing applications.

Not it's not only about the processor, graphics card also does matters in photosop. Photoshop does use GPU acceleration to enhance performance of graphics display and rendering. Photoshop Extended uses the GPU for 3D layers. Instead of relying on the Central Processor Unit (CPU) for the graphics processing, some Graphics Processor Units (GPUs) are capable of providing faster graphics rendering. Where a GPU type card is detected, checking the Enable 3D Acceleration box will improve the image display performance. The 3D support will also improve the performance of the brushes. When using a pressure sensitive pen, the brushes response will feel much more sensitive and responsive.