Thread: Need information on ATI Graphic cards

Need information on ATI Graphic cards

Hi,
    I have to figure out the major differences between three graphic cards. The first one is ATI Radeon HD 4850, ATI Radeon HD 4870 and ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 cards. I need some information on this card. The features and difference among them. What is the system requirement and what are new developments in the card as compared to old. I had read information on series of cards and find this three suitable for my system. After determining the best among them I will add up in my system. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need information on ATI Graphic cards

I am currently using ATI Radeon HD 4850 card in my system. So can list you some best features and specification of it. The GPU is excellent with great output. It offers new standard of visual output. As it is HD complaint then you can drive high resolution gaming experience. It comprises of TeraScale graphic engine. This gives the card a great power in rendering awesome graphic. It is PCI Express card which needs 450w of power supply and more. You will need minimum 1GB RAM for it with optional support of Blu Ray.

The HD 4870 is higher card then HD 4850 which new standard of graphic gaming. The games offers you much higher and greater output. Though there is lot of similarities between both the cards but as a new version it is more powerful. The card in equipped with TeraScale Graphic and GDDR5 memory. This offers high rate of data rates. It supports a new feature of Accelerated Video Transcoding that helps to convert your video to h.264 or mpeg2 format with faster rate.

I will recommend you to go with 4870 X2 card. It is the best card as compare to TI Radeon HD 4850, ATI Radeon HD 4870 and ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2. The card has a 2GB GDDR 5 memory with 1600 stream processor. This makes the card fastest and more powerful. As compare to the above models it ahs Dual TeraScale graphics engines. This gives blazing FPS and extreme gaming support. It is equipped with ATI CrossFireX technology with a quad GPU support. The card run on PCI Express 2.0 with Microsoft Direct X 10.1 support. The card has a unified Superscalar Shader Architecture. You can play HD content on it with brilliant display.

i have an ati 4870x2, sapphire. if you want this, read the following first:
    you need a certified power supply, i have the corsair tx650 = 6500 rs.
    you need very good cooling in your box, with a lot of 120 mm fans.
    OR you put in the accelero xtreme 4870x2 cooler, which i have = 4000 bucks.

and you need the cash for the card, rt now bout 28500.

and dont forget the electricity bills. this damn thing DRINKS up electricity.

160 watts at idle, and.....285 watts during usage.
    remember, 1000 watts in 1 hour is 1 unit of electricity.
    so, u basically need a lot of cash for this baby.

go buy the hd5870 instead. or wait for the 5890. it will be excellent.