Thread: White lines (electronic wind) in Vizio pic

White lines (electronic wind) in Vizio pic

I get white lines (electronic wind) in my picture. Mostly in darker areas of the picture. These are bad at start-up then lessen. I get them through hdmi and rgb input. Any thoughts on the cause and repair. I have tried moving the tv to a different room to rule out external interference.
    Thanks,
    John

Re: White lines (electronic wind) in Vizio pic

If your TV's picture is blurry or fuzzy, please make sure that you have a high definition (HD) input. High definition TV requires an HD signal, which can often be obtained from an HD cable box, a Blu-Ray DVD player, an HD satellite (Direct TV or Dish Network) or a recent video game system such as Xbox 360 or PS3, otherwise you may not get a clear picture. You may also obtain HD with an antenna through over-the- air digital HD signal. (There may only be a few stations in certain areas.) Please perform a channel scan function to receive over-the-air signals. Refer to your quick start guide for channel scan instructions.

Please note: even with HD source inputs, some channels, movies, or games may not be true HD content.

To request further assistance with your TV's picture quality, please contact VIZIO technical support at techsupport@vizio.com or call 877.698.4946 (877 MY V I Z I O).

You can solve that problem by adding up DropAmp Cable TV Signal amplifier. It is a very small and portable device which increases up the cable tv quality to an extent. It is very easy to use and install. The device comes with a 10 Year warranty. The tool is a cable signal amplifier which offers you to get rid of choppy signal and poor output. The device has a dedicate chip which allows a powerful amplification with minimum low quality. It is suitable best for HDTV.

Thanks for your responses, but this is not the issue. The TV worked fine for six months then (still using the same input) started acting up. Attached is a picture of the effect.

May Try replacing the Cable , The Other End of the cable connecter might not be working, are you connecting Tv to your computer,then you Graphics card output must have got some issues , and in that case try feeding output from the onboard video card ,or try to update your graphics card drivers, and you can also remove to clean your graphics card then put it back in the system , post back if not solved, i will suggest you something else

The problem occurs when I use the hdmi connection from my cable box and also when I use the rgb connection from my computer.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Johnantonacci23 View Post
    The problem occurs when I use the hdmi connection from my cable box and also when I use the rgb connection from my computer.
    John
    I guess you need to change the cables that you use to connect, if that doesn't help, update your graphics driver...

On my Vizio TV model #GV47L FHDTV10A I was watching TV when I heard a snap sound and then a wining high-pitched sound coming out of the TV and two white vertical lines on the screen, but then I noticed I was not able to control it with the remote control so I tried turning it off with the touch pad on the front and found that it did not work either so then I unplug the television from the wall to make it go off, and then after proximately five minutes I plugged it back into the wall and the Vizio logo on the front of the TV lit up yellow, I turned it on with the touch pad but the only thing that happened was the touch pad lit up and nothing else happened, there was no picture nor sound coming from the TV and I was unable to turn it off once again, that is the way it is right now where I have to unplug it each time I want to turn it off.
    I was talking to Vizio tech support and they were saying that it sounded like a bad mainboard and that one for my TV is $150 .
    I hope there is someone out there who has run into this problem before and can help me with the diagnostics of it.

Thank you,
    REDerrick.