Thread: refresh rate override problem

refresh rate override problem

I know that Windows XP has a inbuilt refresh rate override option but it conflicts either if I use it with nvidia's built in refresh rates override or the ATI Tray tools. If I restart the pc then when Windows XP boots up it will automatically adjust its refresh rate by overriding other setting done. So can anybody tell me how to disable refresh rate override in Windows XP? Thank you
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.

Re: refresh rate override problem

Download RefreshForce which will automatically configure the refresh rate by overriding other software's and the inbuilt one's. The latest Nvida drivers have removed the Refresh Rate Override option, therefore download the above software which will just work fine for you.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

After you have downloaded Refresh Force you need to set a maxmode check in the program to reset the resolution refresh list when the resolution changes. There is another tool called powerstrip, I havent used it, but you can still give it a try.

You can override the refresh rates with Refresh Rate Patcher by the tips given below:
    1. Rightclick on desktop --> NVidia Control Panel.
    2. Go to "Manage custom resolutions" (click on the specific monitor where you want to do a refresh rate override if you have more than one monitor attached to the system).
    3. Click on "Create" and then add your resolutions with the desired refresh rates.
    4. Fire up Refresh Rate Patcher and set your refresh rates to the same. refresh rates you've added under Manage Custom Resolutions.
    5. Confirm and restart the system.

Source: nvidia.com