Thread: Sony VAIO VGN-AX570G laptop video adapter error

Sony VAIO VGN-AX570G laptop video adapter error

I am having Radeon 9250 video card. I installed Windows 7 on my Sony VAIO VGN-AX570G laptop, and everything worked out properly. But when I wanted to install my video drivers, I got the message "the display driver is not compatible with the video adapter installed on the computer". But why? How can I fix this Sony VAIO VGN-AX570G laptop video adapter error?

Re: Sony VAIO VGN-AX570G laptop video adapter error

Have you check the device manager? At display adapters do you see a red X or a yellow exclamation mark? If its red X then controllers is most likely defective. If its exclamation mark, reinstall drivers. Once installation is complete, restart your computer. If the problem is still unresolved then I would recommend you to contact Sony technical support team.

Have you heard any beeps along with this error? If the beeps are 1 long and 2 short then that is definitely video adapter error. It could be either because of the Video adapter that is bad or if it is not seated properly. You can also check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly or not.

Open your case and check if the motherboard isn't touching any part of the case. You will not hear and beep code if the card is not in the slot, the beep codes tells us the error code which is detected at startup. If everything goes ok then it sounds like the drivers is corrupt or missing and thus operating is in default vga mode.

I have had the sony vgn-ax570g for 3 years now, it went a bad a few months ago, the screen does not come on and it gives three beeps, one long and two short. do u think this is a video card problem, i is definetly not the memory checked that already.

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to check out the following link. Hope so the mention link help you to resolve your above issue. If still your issue doesn't get resolve then you can visit www.esupport.sony.com. Here you may get some kind of help to resolve your above issue.