Thread: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS fan noise

Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS fan noise

Hi,
    I have a Nividea GeForce 9500 GS GPU in my system. I have a Gigabyte motherboard with 3 Gigs of ram and Windows Vista on it. The problem now here is that whenever I turned my PC on the GPU generates a lot of whooshing sound. I had checked in the system it the sound coming out from my GPU. How can I fix this problem. It is really irritating. Is there a way by which I can replace the Fan and get a new. The card is not so old.

Re: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS fan noise

If our card is still under a warranty then contact the nearest service center. Nvidia will repair the same for you. If you try to do it by your own hand then there are chances that either you will spoil it or void the warranty. First properly check that the card is fitted tight on the mother board with no loose contact. The power supply is enough to power up the fan. Clean the distant inside that system with a simple brush. A tit bit of cleaning can improve the performance.

Here two things can be assumed for the noisy problem. First the most common issue is related to power supply. If your system does not have a proper power supply in your computer then the fan rotates at a very low rate. You need at least a 400w power supply minimum for the card. Nvidia's GeForce 9500 is a beast card. It consumes lot of power. Second thing it can be due to imbalance cause by the fan bladed due to dust. The dust sticks up on the blade and create a vibrating noise when the fan rotate at a fast rate. Second thing the small motor in the center is not working properly or damaged. Anyhow it is a hardware error. So you will need to show it to a repair center.

What I have done in my pc is fixed up the fan first properly. Then when it was making a buzzing sound I pressed it gently from the top. The sound reduced to an extent. That means the fan blades are loose. The best thing you can do is buy a replacement fan for it. The fan is removable and can be replaced easily. But it is not recommended that your should do it yourself. Show that to technician.

smile Re: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS fan noise

If your card has a black fan cover (which it probably does if your hearing a lot of noise) then there is a factory defect and you can send in your card and get a new one.