Thread: Graphic card problem

Graphic card problem

Hi ppl,i am new to techarena, i have a problem and wondered if anyone could give me some help?
    i purchased a used geforce 8800gts graphic card. my power supply should support it since i have the hiper 580W. when i installed it and ran it (was playing PES for some time approx 30 min) the monitor went on stand by and only sound could be heard. i resetted the pc but did not even do the post boot it just froze. when i installed back my old 6600gt card everything boot up with no problems. after a few weeks i installed another PSU for troubleshooting (the coolermaster igreen 600W, which have slightly higher 12v rail current). the 8800gts at first again had no problems but after a few minutes under load,presumably due to heat, it froze again in the same way.
    The question is, Do you think the problem is a faulty graphic card, or i need to install some kind of driver i do not know about?i am running on XP SP3 fully updated.
    thanks in advance for you help.

Re: Graphic card problem

Its looks like Graphic card is faulty but before any conclusion try to get latest driver for card from manufacture web site else check this card on your friend computer.

Re: Graphic card problem

It could be a faulty card else It's possible that your motherboard is not doing this, and probably requires a jumper setting change to force the motherboard to look on the PCI bus for the graphics instead.