Thread: LED vs LCD Television

LED vs LCD Television

I am looking forward to buy a television to gift my farther so i was confused what to buy LCD or LED....??? Apparently, the LED is new thing in the television, that every time exists a norm or it is going away to maintain the things in an apparent change of exponential rate?

Re: LED vs LCD Television

My perspective is local that LED with backlighting is to better than LCD and approaches shapes in terms of black levels and contrast. Samsung you produce two versions of LED, one with edge processing and to other with local backlighting. Only the local version with backlighting gives you the inky blacks and high contrast ratios approaching shapes. The problem with all LCD' s versus plasmas is the off axis viewing angle which tends to wash out and lose contrast. Staying on axis, local LED screens with backlighting will COST dwells but produces high quality images with excellent contrast ratios when executed properly.

Good, screens with improvement LED are an improvement… that use less energy, are more shining than screens CCFL, do not need "warm-up time", etc.

But this it would have to be the decisive factor? If you ask to me, no. LED sample is really impressive, but that is not as is horrible CCFL. Would like to consider LED shows I "extra".

The majority of screens LCD with backlit is reason why a CCFL is called (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp). The technology has improved until the point of which now LCD panels can backlit with LED be. More and more laptops, desktop and monitors LCD TVs are using technology LED. It is the wave of the future.