Thread: Panasonic TC-P50G10 vs Samsung PN50B650

Panasonic TC-P50G10 vs Samsung PN50B650

I am now ready to buy a new LCD Plasma TV for my New House.... I have seen two models for it but i am confused which to buy... I have selected the models of two different models like one is of Samsung & the other is of Panasonic...! I have selected Model No for Samsung is PN50B650 & for Panasonic is TC-P50G10.. Also how to do picture setting??? Please Suggest me the Best one...!

Re: Panasonic TC-P50G10 vs Samsung PN50B650

I think it depends on your requirement & your Budget I am giving you the Features & specification of Samaung Model Have a look at it & decide by yourself...

PN50B650 50” 1080p Plasma HDTV

If you have a passion for the latest innovations, the SAMSUNG PN50B650 plasma TV is for you. It’s beautifully accented with our exclusive Touch of Color design - in the bezel and now the stand. New e-panel technology minimizes glare and creates incredibly smooth motion in action scenes. Its Crystal Full HD Engine enhances the picture quality and Medi@2.0 adds customizable online content to your experience. Elevate your home entertainment with SAMSUNG plasma HDTVs.

Features :

Touch of Color design : Make a statement with our exclusive SAMSUNG Touch of Color design. It features a hint of rich red color naturally blended into the traditional piano black frame. Transforming our already stylish TVs into a work of art for a look that complements any room.

e-panel technology : SAMSUNG’s e-panel technology makes sure you get superior picture quality. FilterBright minimizes glare and reflections for optimal viewing any time of day. 600 Hz Subfield Motion delivers a clear picture for sports, action and other fast-moving scenes. 1080 Full HD motion delivers better resolution during fast motion. And .001 ms response time minimizes blurring in motion in sports programs and movie content.

Crystal Full HD Engine with Cinema Smooth : Indulge in images with incredible clarity. By unifying all of the TVs advanced imaging technologies, the SAMSUNG Crystal Full HD Engine expands performance, enhances all aspects of the image, and takes picture quality and image integrity to new levels of excellence. Cinema Smooth contributes by creating a picture that’s more lifelike and much closer to film quality.

ENERGY STAR compliant : By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your SAMSUNG model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. It reduces energy consumption by up to 40% compared with prior year plasma TVs. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.

Full HD 1080p : Enjoy outstanding clarity and resolution with this SAMSUNG plasma HDTV. Images are crisper, sharper, with superior details.

built-in digital tuner (ATSC / Clear QAM) : All SAMSUNG plasma HDTVs have an integrated digital tuner. So, whether you’re watching over-the-air HD digital broadcasts or connecting to cable/satellite service, SAMSUNG has got you covered.

Media 2.0 : Medi@2.0™ lets you enjoy more with Internet@TV1 that allows you to receive content via Yahoo!®, Flickr® and other online TV widgets on screen. It also includes Content Library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED™ connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is. Finally, USB 2.0 multi-media center lets you connect a thumb drive or a digital camera quickly and easily.

1 internet access and Ethernet connection or wireless LAN required. Wireless access also requires SAMSUNG Linkstick.

Specification :

Video
    • Screen Size : 49.9" (1)
    • Aspect Ratio : Widescreen
    • Dynamic Contrast Ratio : 3,000,000:1 Mega Contrast
    • Response Time : .001 ms
    • 600Hz Subfield Motion Technology : Yes

Audio
    • Sound Effect System : SRS TruSurround HD
    • Sound Output(RMS) : 10 W x 2

Input Output
    • HDMI : 4 (3 rear, 1 side)
    • Component : 2 (rear)
    • Composite (AV) : 1 (side)
    • Ethernet : 1 (rear)
    • USB : 2 (side)
    • S-Video : No
    • PC input (D-sub) : Yes
    • Headphone : No

Input & Output(Wireless)
    • Bluetooth : No
    • 802.11 : No
    • Cabinet Color : Platninum Black

Features
    • Picture-in-Picture : No
    • Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) : Yes
    • Game Mode : Yes
    • Internet @TV : Yes
    • DLNA : Yes
    • Infolink : No
    • Price : $1.799,99
    • Touch of Color : Yes (Amber)

System
    • Tuners : Built -In

Dimension
    • Set size(WXHXD) with stand : 48.4'' x 32.2'' x 11.4''
    • Set size(WXHXD) without stand : 48.4'' x 29.8'' x 2.9''
    • Package size(WXHXD) : 59.8'' x 34.4'' x 11.4''

Weight
    • Set weight with stand : 84.2 lbs.
    • Set weight without stand : 73.2 lbs.
    • Package weight : 99.2 lbs.

Power
    • Energy Star : Yes

Yes! the Above Person has given you the right decision but has given you the half solution... So i will provide you the other half solution... I mean i am giving you the Panasonic Model Features & Specification...

Panasonic TC-P50G10

If you demand the best from your viewing experience, the new G10 Series of Plasma HDTVs was created just for you. They boast cinema-quality movie reproduction, clear, smooth sports and gaming action, even Web entertainment. All made possible by our Neo PDP technology, which delivers sharp, detailed images, deep blacks and remarkable brightness, and all with lower power consumption.

VIERA CAST : Enjoy the Internet contents* right on your TV. With VIERA CAST technology, you can enjoy online content such as videos, photos, weather and stock information through an easy-to-use Web interface that's built into the TV. No extra equipment required.

THX Certified Display : THX reproduces movie images exactly as the movie's creators intended them. In the early 1980's, Lucasfilm, established the THX Standard to stipulate the audio and video quality criteria for cinema environments. The overall aim was to improve the experience of cinema-goers and faithfully recreate the audio and visual ambience that film makers intended. VIERA meets the high standards set by the THX Certified Display Program.

VIERA Image Viewer : It's easy to view full-HD images with the SD card slot. Watch and show your photos and motion images right after you take them. Simply insert an SD card into VIERA to display photos and full-HD videos on the large screen. You can also choose from among 3 types of background music and 4 display effects. It's much more fun when you can view them on a large-screen HDTV with family and friends in 1920 x 1080-pixel high definition and a wide 16:9 aspect ratio.

600Hz Sub-field Drive : 600Hz technology lets you view superb full-HD motion and still images with 1,080 lines of resolution. For even greater clarity with motion images, Panasonic uses its own unique image-analysis technology. This technology converts the motion in each scene into data. And each frame is practically displayed for a shorter length of time than in previous systems, to reduce aftereffects.

Over 2,000,000:1* High Contrast (Native 40,000:1) : New VIERA models incorporate an improved panel production process and the new Real Black Drive system. A pre-discharge control system, the Real Black Drive system combines with NeoPDP technology to achieve next-generation black reproduction. When you're watching movies, VIERA renders images just the way the director intended, even in scenes where it's difficult to achieve a proper balance of light and dark.

Wide Color Viewing Angle : View breathtaking images with rich, vivid colors from anywhere in the room. Because plasma TVs are self-illuminating, images look beautiful from any angle. Black areas do not fade, and colors look virtually the same no matter where you sit.

AR Filter : This advanced filter keeps images sharp, with minimal glare. While dramatically reducing reflections from external light, it helps to produce clear images. This filter creates pure, crisp images in a wide range of colors.

VIERA Link : VIERA Link allows interconnected operation of various AV devices using only the VIERA remote control, by simply connecting the devices to each other by an HDMI cable. VIERA Link is a Panasonic Distinctive name for the function of HDAVI control. Not all VIERA Link features are useable with earlier VIERA Link compatible products.

VIERA Tools : With the new VIERA Tools user interface, simply press a button on the remote control and icons such as the photos or movies from the menu screen. Now you can just select the one you want. This kind of easy operation means you have more fun and less hassle.

Game Mode : In Game mode, quicker image response increases the enjoyment of video games when a game console is connected to the TV. What's more VIERA produces the dark images in video games more clearly. This mode works anti-image retention (wobbling) too.

Specification :

• Model Type : Plasma
    • Series : G10
    • Model Year : 2009
    • Screen Size : 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
    • Display Resolution : 1080p
    • Contrast Ratio : Dynamic: Infinite Black/Over 2,000,000:1
    • Native : 40,000:1
    • Aspect Ratio : 16:9
    • Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) : 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
    • Pixel Pitch (H x V) : 0.576 x 0.576 mm
    • Moving Picture Resolution : 1080 lines
    • Shades of Gradation : 6,144 equivalent
    • Aspect Control : Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes : 4:3, Full for PC mode
    • Panel : G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP (Plasma Display Panel)
    • Screen Coating (Filter) : New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
    • Progressive Scan : Yes
    • 24p Playback(2:3) : Yes
    • Deep Color : Yes
    • x.v.Color : Yes
    • THX Mode : Yes
    • Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter : Yes
    • 3D Color Management : Yes
    • Sub Pixel Control : Yes
    • Motion Pattern Noise Reduction : Yes
    • Speakers : Full-range x 2 (L, R)
    • Number of Speakers : 2
    • Audio Output : 20 W ( 10% THD )(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
    • Surround Sound Yes
    • Integrated ATSC Tuner : Yes
    • VIERA Image Viewer? : Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
    • HDMI Input : 3 (1 side)
    • Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) : Yes
    • Composite Video Input : 2 (1 side)
    • S-Video Input : 1
    • Audio Input (for Video) : 2 (1 side)
    • PC Input : Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear)
    • Component Video Inputs (Y, PB, PR) : 2
    • Audio Input (for Component Video) : 2
    • Analog Audio Output : 1
    • Digital Audio Output : 1
    • VIERA Link : Y (with Network Camera)
    • VIERA Cast (IPTV) : Yes
    • VIERA Tools : Yes
    • Game Mode : Yes
    • Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) : Yes
    • V-Chip Program Lockout : Yes
    • Built-In Closed Caption Decoder : Yes
    • Timers : Yes
    • Video Input Label : Yes
    • Video Picture Memory : Yes
    • Remote Control : IR
    • Power Supply : AC 120 V, 60Hz
    • Rated Power Consumption : 589 W
    • Standby Power Consumption : 0.2 W
    • On Mode Average Power Consumption : 269 W
    • Energy Star : Yes
    • Receiving System : ATSC/QAM/NTSC
    • Operating Temperature : 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
    • Safety Standard : UL6500/C-UL
    • Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand : 32.1" X 48.0" X 15.8"
    • Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand : 30.3" x 48.0" x 4.2"
    • Weight (lbs.) w/Stand : 75.0 lbs
    • Weight (lbs.) without Stand : 70.6 lbs
    • Carton Dimensions : 34.6" x 53.0" x 11.2"
    • HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) : Yes
    • EDTV Display Capability (480p) : Yes
    • Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] : 90.4 lbs. (41.0 kg)
    • 600 Hz Sub-field Drive : Yes
    • Trilingual Menu : (English/Spanish/French)
    • LAN Port : 1

As Per my view I have used Panasonic TV in the past so i have believe Panasonic Service & they give the best quality... So i will recommend you to buy for Panasonic One...!