Thread: Computer screen goes black, Computer Unresponsive

Computer screen goes black, Computer Unresponsive

Sorry If this has already been covered before but I couldn't seem to find a answer anywhere unique to my situation. I have a HP Pavillon a6650f with a Nvidia 9600GT(400W) installed. Recently my screen has just started going blank and my monitor says there is no signal, the computer also goes unresponsive and all sound etc. stops.I don't need to be doing anything that over strains the graphics card I could just be on the internet. Its completely at random. My monitor has had a issue over the last year where it sometimes turns green and i need to shake it to get it back but I think that is a unrelated issue. I got a new PSU it is 680W so the power shouldn't be an issue, but it kept happening. I reinstalled my drivers and that also didn't work so I moved my tower closer to the AC and took the side off, not sure if that will help. Does anyone have any ideas as to a solution? Any help is very appreciate cause I'm at the end of my rope so to speak.

Re: Computer screen goes black, Computer Unresponsive

its looks like some connection problem on your board or peripherals also if your computer is old there may be problem of psu exist, so check for that also check in device manager for any yellow or red mark..

Since you have mentioned that --
    My monitor has had a issue over the last year where it sometimes turns green and i need to shake it to get it back
    and now, you are facing the black screen and your monitor saying no signal..

I think it's a related issue but this time it's more intense....

There is a loose connection within your monitor. The monitor needs to opened and checked. Don't you it yourself, get checked by professionals.

I think this problem only happens when the computer is sitting in a certain position and can be resolved by putting light pressure on one side of the laptop, or propping it up to put pressure on that side. Installation of the latest video driver software from HP totally hosted the laptop, and I had to do a restore.