Thread: How to use separate wallpaper on dual monitor

How to use separate wallpaper on dual monitor

I use dual monitors at our workstations. The annoying part for me is both the monitors display the same wallpaper even they are set at different screen resolutions. I think it might be pretty interesting if I could have separate wallpapers on both monitors. Hope you guys have idea of setting different wallpapers on both the monitors.Please let me know.

Re: How to use separate wallpaper on dual monitor

Well, i have a very simple of doing that without using any utility.Here are the steps you need to follow for setting separate wallpapers on the dual monitors:

• Open up Display Properties dialog box by right-click the desktop and selecting properties.

• Click the Customize Desktop button on the Desktop tab. This will open Desktop Items dialog box.

• To open the New Desktop Item dialog box click the New button on the Web tab.

• Now browse and select an image to use for wallpaper on the second Monitor.

• Once done. click OK, and close all the dialog boxes and place the image on the desktop. Now your pic should be on your main screen.

• Drag the Image over to the other Screen, and select Cover Desktop at the top left of the image.

• Right-click the desktop, go to Arrange Icons By and select Lock Web Items On Desktop.

Thats it..

You can also try a utility for doing the same. Its UltraMon . It is a utility for multi-monitor systems, designed to increase productivity and unlock the full potential of multiple monitors.UltraMon adds an additional taskbar for each secondary monitor, and each taskbar only shows tasks from the monitor it is on. This makes managing lots of open applications much easier, and when activating an application, you'll know on which monitor it will appear.

UltraMon Features

• efficiently move windows and maximize windows across the desktop
    • manage more applications with the Smart Taskbar
    • control application positioning with UltraMon Shortcuts
    • multi-monitor support for desktop wallpapers and screen savers
    • mirror your main monitor to secondary monitors for a presentation

Thanks for the help mate. I know there 's got some benefit to that for actually applying wallpaper on separate monitors for permit deception of the system by a webpage as a background for the other monitors to use. That is all i needed. Thanks and help appreciated.