Thread: HP 1702 Monitor Troubleshooting

HP 1702 Monitor Troubleshooting

I have a HP L1702 monitor which when i turn try to turn on, it gives good picture and then goes off after 2 seconds. Even if I try to reboot the computer with the problem, the monitor won't display anything except "Going to sleep" on my monitor screen. The power led keeps on lid green. If I then power off and on again same result. Also, if i had tried to connect the monitor directly to the computer, but it couldn't work out for me. So, can any body tell me that how can i troubleshoot my HP 1702 monitor? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: HP 1702 Monitor Troubleshooting

For that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) First of all you need to download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
    2) Then you need to execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. After copying has completed, click on the Finish button, that will close the Softpaq program.
    3) After the files have been unpacked, try to view the Monitor Readme.txt file on the download folder for Microsoft Windows installation instructions. You may need to delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.

Check out whether all the cables are properly inserted or not. Also try to check out whether there are no lose connection and each an every cables are proper inserted.

If you still face the same problem then its better to contact your manufacturer for technical assistant. He may able to help you out in order to get rid of the above issue. Also try to download the latest drivers from the official HP website. It might be possible that your drivers may not be compatible with HP 1702 drivers.