Thread: Viewsonic VX2433Wm's - Is it a good LCD Monitor? Should wait for Windows 7 Touch Screen?

sad Viewsonic VX2433Wm's - Is it a good LCD Monitor? Should wait for Windows 7 Touch Screen?

Dear All Experts,

Hello! How are you all doing? Well today, I came across this Viewsonic LCD Monitor which looks quiet appealing and of course, being manufactured by the leading display technology company of the world  Viewsonic! Heres the link to the product:

Viewsonic VX2433wm (24inch HD LCD Monitor)
    http://www.viewsonic.com/products/de...s/vx2433wm.htm

Now here's what I need to know:

My main use of an LCD Monitor will be to:

* Watch Movies (Which should include a DVD & High Definition (HD) Quality Videos).
    * Play 3D and Normal Games.
    * Movies like Jurassic Park, Speed, Titanic, Action Movies, etc...
    * Web browsing, doing back work on PC, Listening to music.

So, this in short will be the purpose of using a new LCD Monitor. So far, I am using CRT Monitor.

Once you have gone through the above link, could you kindly let me know how well would this Viewsonic LCD Monitor fair in terms of my above mentioned usage.

BUT NOW HERE's A TwIsT >>> While looking forward to buy an LCD Monitor, one question that kills my decision of buying it is that What if a Touch Screen LCD Monitor will be made available once Windows 7 releases to users. Then would all these LCD Monitors sold out today will be consider completely outdated not only in terms of technology but features as well. However, there are few things that comes to my notice for going with an LCD Monitor and not a Touchscreen one...

a) Touch Screen LCD Monitor is for sure going to be costly for at least upto a year right from its initial date of release.

b) There is simply no assureness whether the first phase of Touch Screen LCD Monitor released for Windows 7 would work well for its users. Now you see, this is the reason why its being said to always wait and watch till the time everbody has tried its hands on the product b'coz that exactly is the place from where the bug will arise therefore in the 2nd and 3rd phase, these bugs will be sorted out and a fresh stocks of the product completely free of factory defects will be released to the market. I believe to always wait for the 3rd phase of the product to be released and then buy it b'coz if will not only completely be free of defects but would also contains tons of additional features at times and considering these, one could understand how terrible impact could be created on the 1st phase that users have already purchased in their over excitement to try them out.

c) Also, touch screen as seen in the past have not achieved much success since everybodys fingers are slightly big in size to click on the options which turns out to be smaller most of the times when compared to your fingers.

Anyway'z, kindly assist me in this regards please.....

Your valuable time and inputs are highly appreciated!!!!

Regards,
    Apoorva.

Re: Viewsonic VX2433Wm's - Is it a good LCD Monitor? Should wait for Windows 7 Touch Screen?

Its a good LCD and you can give it a go. If you are worried about the Touch Screen feature for windows 7, believe me, those monitors will be damn too costly... If you want to wait, you can, but touch screen has more number of disadvantages then its advantages.