Thread: Vista screen black on boot

Vista screen black on boot

I recently returned home and found that my computer monitor seems to not be working. There is no mouse, it doesn't take a while to boot. It's just a black screen. The monitor isn't the issue, it works with other computers. The fan keeps running, and the computer does nothing but keep all the fans running, as it does when it's trying to boot. I'm not sure what to do, and I'm wondering if it's the graphics card or something, which I would find odd. It's worked with out issue for about 3 years on the dot, and now suddenly has this issue. Can any one help?

Re: Vista screen black on boot

I can help you through booting Windows Vista using its last known optimized configuration.Windows Vista reverts to a previous version of the registry, you might lose data that was worked with since your last successful boot.
    for this just follow the instructions
    Turn your computer on and immediately start pressing F8 on your keyboard repeatedly until you see a black screen with white writing that gives you a list of boot options.
    the down arrow on your keyboard to select the Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced) option. hit the button and allow your vista to revert the settings to previous good configuration

This problem may occur because of file system corruption within the $Txf directory. This corruption causes a deadlock condition between the Transactional NTFS (TxF) process and the Autocheck process.

to overcome perform a clean installation or a parallel installation of Windows Vista. In a clean installation, existing data is deleted. This data includes personal data and settings. After you install the operating system, you must also reinstall all programs.

The main cause behind these can be corrupted driver. This are not able to load properly. The video and sound drivers are the most often reason. Incompatible or improper driver can make your system unstable. Enter safe mode in your system by pressing F8 at the boot up time and upgrade your drivers.

When this happens, I have noticed that:I have to ctrl+alt+delete. I see explorer.exe running but there is no start menu or icons or sidebar.

1)You need to turn the power off supply to your computer
    2) then turn on the power to restart the computer
    3) If you are facing any problem then you also try using 'Safe Mode`

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't performed any hardware or software (maybe Windows did an update?) upgrades/updates.

Try updating your graphics drivers. Do you know what display adapter you have?