Thread: Cleaning Pioneer Kuro screen

Cleaning Pioneer Kuro screen

I am using Pioneer KURO flat screen television. Yesterday I noticed a small dust on the screen, as small as dot of a pen. As usual, I wiped it with my cloth, but it didn't removed. I tried to clean it using some water but still no help. I can see blackish dot over the screen. I am fearing of the reflective coating that will remove if I would try something gently! Can you help me?

Re: Cleaning Pioneer Kuro screen

Well I suppose that shouldn't be dirt if what you are trying to say is correct. I think there can be some fault of reflective coating not being applied properly at the factory which is what you are seeing as black dot. Because of that you might see some wired pics from the screen. I would say just apply some pressure across the screen while it is hot to let the coating reset. You can use some cloth and then let it idle to cool down. You can try to contact Pioneer for some assistance.

Before cleaning your flat screen television, unplug the power cord from the outlet. Also clean it lightly without implementing immerse pressure on the screen. You may refer to this tip for Cleaning screen.

Anyway, I suppose the Pioneer Kuro's bezel is now scratched. I would suggest you to contact Pioneer service centre and they are unable to help then you have to buy a new bezel.

Its a Pioneer issue. It is basically the substantial reduction of glare in bright rooms that occurs with the glossy screens which usually all plasmas have. It is useful for thick glasses on plasma panels. The residue could be from the window cleaner. Try to clean it with some good cleaning solution rather than cursing Pioneer or the screen.