Thread: Hide LCD cables over a Fireplace

Hide LCD cables over a Fireplace

I want to place my LCD television over a fireplace. I had seen that it some movies. It looks great. But the problem is that what about the cables behind the tv. Can heat from wood affect the LCD. The main problem is the cables. I fear the cable can be affected. How to hide those cables and prevent them being get affected. What are the more precaution to be taken while placing over the fireplace.

Re: Hide LCD cables over a Fireplace

Placing the TV over the fireplace is an good idea. But precautions should be taken. Like if the bricks should not get too hot. The smoke should not get on to the object directly and the cable should be mounted properly on the wall instead of hanging. You will need a proper mounting with correct brackets. The second issue is with the light. If the light is hitting on the screen of LCD the image quality will be darken. So you will have to see that no light should hit directly on the screen.

I had put my LCD over the fireplace. It gives a great look to the room. Only thing to take care is the installation part should be handled by professionals. I had place the TV on the mantle and things work great. Just don't drill the wall too deeply and the base should be of hard rock. The cable must be twisted and placed properly on the wall. The look is just fabulous. The basic thing to look is that the parts should hold your TV properly. They should enough strong to carry the weight for long time.

Wall Mounting is a simple and clear solution for your question. The mount manufacturer has a complete mounting kits as per the TV which easy to assemble and dissemble. They design mount so flexibly that it can be used anywhere and in anyplace. By placing the TV on it you can tilt, rotate, or swivel it. They are very strong to bear heavy weight. Though it is costly but quality never dress cheap. First thing figure out where you want to place the TV. Then make a plan on a sheet. Get the exact measurement and the location. Second thing the location should be twice greater than the TV size. The best choice of cable is run cable through walls. By this at least you are comfortable of changing and adjusting it. Another thing you have to keep in mind in choosing the right mounting brackets strictly on base of measurements. Instead of fix brackets use movable one.