Thread: How is the picture quality of tv on pc

How is the picture quality of tv on pc

hello,

I am plannig to purchase a tv tunner card......so just wanted to know how is the picture quality of tv on a pc when a tv tunner card is installed on a pc. Also which card is the best. And what should be the pc requirement for that card....I have a i have a intel core2 duo processor and a latest moderboad. But i dont have a graphics card. just the 64kb card which came with the motherboard. so what should i be requiring. Any specification i need to keep in mind befor purchasing it.....Plz help me!!!!!

Thankyou.

Re: How is the picture quality of tv on pc

I would suggest you to buy Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 because it has MPEG-1, MPEG-2 Digital Video Format and 1 x TV antenna - Input , 1 x Audio - Line-in - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm , 1 x Display / video - S-video input , 1 x Display / video - Composite video input - RCA.I would prefer you to go for this one.

Hey!
    Picture quality of a TV depends on your signal. If you are getting good quality on your TV than you need not worry. The best TV Tuner card i would suggest is any card from Pinnacle. It delevers excellent quality picture quality. You don't need a graphics card to watch TV on your computer. But if you intend to connect your Computer on the TV, you need a graphics card that has ports according to your TV. In this case the quality of computer on the TV is not that good... see this for more details : Connect a computer to a CRT TV. All the best!!

Thankyou for replying,

Also tell me is the movied watched on the tv set and on the monitor would have the same effects (quality) or not......and also planning to purchase a lcd monitor for this so which one u recommend.....And also how will i be able to change channals......remote, weather i have to purchase or it comes with tv tunner card.....and what else will i require.....i am not a technical guy.....so try to explain in siple terms....

thanks.
    regards.

Hey!
    TV screens are larger in size and Monitors are smaller, so quality will not be degraded but you may see some increase though. All the TV tuner car comes with a remote so you need not worry about it at all... I would suggest you buy a plasma screen or use the CRT instead of LCD. LCDs are not good at quality. This is my personal experience. As refresh rate matters and LCD doesn't have refresh rate as there are no electron guns producing picture... All the best!