Thread: Regulating the resolution of screen under Fedora Core?

Regulating the resolution of screen under Fedora Core?

I installed Fedora Core 10.0 Gnome into virtual under WinXP with VirtualBox.

My maximum resolution of screen is of 800x600 whereas ideally, taking into account my screen, it would be appropriate that it is 1024x768.

In short, I thus wanted to modify /etc/X11/xorg.conf and I realized that this file did not exist in this repertory or another.

The others distros which I installed into virtual (Ubuntu 7.10, OpenSuse 10.3, SimplyMepis 7.0, Knoppix 5.1) have a whole a correct posting.

Would somebody have an idea on the manner of regulating the resolution of screen under Fedora Core?

Thank you in advance and in a friendly way

Re: Regulating the resolution of screen under Fedora Core?

To generate a xorg.conf nine very or to recreate it there with the tools xorgcfg what makes it possible to update screen, keyboard, mouse, screen, graphics card etc.

xorgcfg --config

See the man xorgcfg and normally to make a safeguard of the xorg.conf

In does your case to make a research of the file xorg, it have to be in another repertory and to safeguard it in xorg.old? (I do not use Fedora) and in virtual under XP I am unaware of…

The possibilities of resolutions of virtual posting depend on the virtual graphics card and the virtual screen and not on the corresponding real peripherals. As 1024x768 is supported by about all, that must be possible to have it in the virtual machine Linux without installing the VirtualBox additions for the virtual systems Linux. It would be best I believe than to install the VirtualBox additions for the virtual systems Linux. See the handbook of VirtualBox.

For the moment, your Fedora must use the configuration by defect as compiled with Xorg. To generate a xorg.conf, in addition to the method of Tasgarth, you can in root make

Xorg - configures

That will create a /root/xorg.conf.new which you can copy/move in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Then, you will be able to publish it in order to have the 1024x768 resolution.

Thank you to both.
    I will test your solutions as soon as possible.