Thread: HDTV with no coxal input

HDTV with no coxal input

hi,
    i have Olevia 65-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV,that didn't have a built in HD-tuner,How do I watch analogue TV using a Coaxial cable on the TV?they said I need a tuner or converter.Can anyone help me out?

Re: HDTV with no coxal input

You need a cable box or perhaps a HD Tuner.

The coax carries ALL channels and sound so the cable box will let you tune to a single station. Your TV does NOT have a tuner so you need an external box that lets you channel change and converts the output to HDMI.

You can get the cable box (and it can be a HD-PVR which is highly recommended). Or go to BestBuy and get a HDTV tuner and try plugging your cable into the antenna input. This SOMETIMES works and sometimes does not so keep your receipt.

The Dish Network receiver is a dual tuner receiver. This TV is TV #2 and is about 40' away from the receiver. There are actually two options for connecting to TV #2. A coax cable or composite cable. I bought a 50' composite cable and connected it that way and get light bars scrolling through the picture and a humming sound from the audio. When I connect to the Dish Network receiver via the coax cable, the picture and sound are fine. So I was hoping there was a way that I could use that coax cable and devise a way to get it converted to component (or even composite for that matter) to connect to the TV. That way I could connect the Antenna directly to the only coax connection on the TV.

hi,
    You need a box to de-modulate the signals your choices rent or buy!!