Thread: 3 monitors on laptop

3 monitors on laptop

Hey, wanted to hear if there is someone who can help me with a small project. I have a laptop computer with vga output and super video output, which I and the user either to put my TV to the computer, or my 19" display. But thought there were some who know a way to enable both displays at once, above the vga and svideo!

I would rather have put them as unflanged screens, and in doing so, I have another question, how do I run VLC in fullscreen on the external display if I maximize VLC it automatically jumps back on screen on the computer!

(only self tested with an external monitor!)

Re: 3 monitors on laptop

Was there a problem to run your TV on svideo while in your 19" on the vga output. All it requires is a cable kit from svideo to scart. Whenever I use it I bought my in JEM & fix. and if it is just an old television, today it means nothing, but hvsi it is a flat panel display so it may be that Dyer and better will give better picture quality.

But he can have 3 active monitors simultaneously? I think he can not. But I think it was zitech at one stage built a box that made it possible. However, I can not find it on their website, as they seem to have created a new (which does not work completely) after they went bankrupt.

Windows itself does not support more than 2 screens simultaneously, in this case, no specific software.

My GeForce (and my laptop ATI) supports not more than 2 screens, despite there are extraction for 4 (VGA, DVI, HDMI and svga)

I am 98% sure to be something special software or 2 graphics card before it can be done. 4 screens require 2x2 outputs. GF of SLI support, no doubt, more than 2.

I have all the hardware and can run the two displays alternately, with my laptop, I can even run the two displays together, but then turns off the screen on the laptop, so as mentioned above, it is probably some software I should have installed in, so if there are some who know something, it would be cool!

I do so just for fun, and would therefore in principle not invest in any additional hardware! There is also the self option that it can not be done, and that is why I come here to ask!

Have a look at this similar discussion here - http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-video/734594.htm