Thread: Attach a Mac Mini to a Monitor

Attach a Mac Mini to a Monitor

I have monitor from Apple and a Mac Mini. I want to connect my Mac Mini To the monitor.

Could you let me know the process how to do that ? Please help..

Re: Attach a Mac Mini to a Monitor

A company in Southern California, called Sonnet Technologies, recently introduced a solution they call the "poor Man's iMac." Their MacCuff mini, is a bracket that mounts to the back of any LCD monitor to completely hide the mini computer. The bracket is made of rugged steel, and attaches to any monitor that has open VESA mounting holes. The mounting system includes a short 12-inch DVI-to-VGA monitor cable that connects the monitor to the Mac mini too, so cables never touch the desk.

If you can't mount it to your display, you also have the option of installing the MacCuff mini under a desk or shelf. You simply tape a drill template to the surface, drill pilot holes, and attach the bracket using the supplied wood screws. The Mac mini slides into the bracket system with no problem.

ohh.. its much confusing friend.. Most of it i couldn't get..

I am missing something but to me to take time to write about all these items where and what goes with what, what about more diretions on how to connect them together that would be real good reading to me.

like plug in where what wirer that would help

Try this to connect your monitor with Mac mini:-

1. Plug in your Mac Mini. Find the power cord that came with your computer, and plug theappropriate end into the machine and the other end into the outlet.

2.Attach your display or monitor. Plug the appropriate end into the monitor and the other end into the outlet.

3. Connect the Mac Mini to the display. On the back of your Mac, you should see a connector where you can plug in the monitor cable. If you are using a DVI display, you can connect directly by just plugging the cable cord on the display into the connector on the back of your Mac. If you are using a VGA or ADC monitor or display, you have an extra step.

4. Fasten the DVI to VGA adapter or DVI to ADC adapter, if not using a DVI display. If you are using an older monitor, you will need to take this extra step. Simply plug the appropriate end of the adapter into the connector port on the back of the Mac Mini, and connect the other end to the monitor's display cable.

5. Connect your keyboard and mouse to the USB ports, and then turn the computer on to verify that the monitor will work with your Mac Mini.

6. Install a MacCuff Mini if you would like to put the computer out of sight. This device by Sonnet allows users to mount the Mac Mini computer to the back of any LCD display, or under a desk or shelf.

Thats it.. Installation is easy and fast-–just follow the directions included in the MacCuff Mini packaging.