Thread: No signal for new video card ?

No signal for new video card ?

I have the lastest drivers installed and my old video-card works fine with it.
    When I install the new video card, there is no video signal for my new card. The screen is completely black. Although, I can see all the four lights on.

Is my new video-card damaged ? or Is it a compatilbility issue ?
    What can be the reason ?

please help.....

Re: No signal for new video card ?

However, beep error codes normally occur during BIOS hardware... check this BEFORE the video card is detected. That's why they have audio beep codes instead of POST screen error codes early in the boot-up.

-- Check your case speaker wire and make sure it's connected to the correct pins on the mobo front panel. That way you'll know if it's POSSIBLE to hear ANY beep codes. This connection will probably be OK.

-- Look in your mobo manual, (or find it at on-line manufacturer's website) and see if there's a jumper that needs to be reset to disable the the on-board video, or alternately enable the PCI video card. Does your mobo have AGP capability? Sometimes a newer BIOS will be able to detect an AGP video card even if there's no jumper is for disabling on board video. It may not work, but it's worth a try if you don't have a jumper to reset, because with no reset jumper the BIOS will often try to detect another video card before on board video. It would be helpful to know what general type of BIOS you have.

The newer more powerful GPUs have a plug for the additional power needed for the Video card. This has been true for quite a while. Though not strictly stated in print, the illustration shows the power connector and lablels it as such. If you see a power connector on a video card, you need to provide power to that connector.

NOTE -
    2D performance doesn't require the power you will need for 3D. Your PSU is likely running at the limits especially if with 3D. Don't be surprise if your PSU dies on you and possibly takes some hardware with it sometime in the future. The risk is entirely yours, but I wouldn't take the risk.

Try re-seating the video card and re-paste the CPU with a pea-sized amount of the stuff.
    This isn't likely to fix the problem, but atleast it excludes issues and gets us closer to pin-pointing the problem...