Thread: Is an LG LCD Monitor better & stable or a Benq LCD?

unsure Is an LG LCD Monitor better & stable or a Benq LCD?

This is Apoorva from India, Mumbai.

Recently, I have planned of replacing my 2yrs old CRT Flat monitor with an LCD one.

Now, while doing a research on the LCD monitors available in the market, I have rounded on 2 companies, i.e., LG & Benq.

The models that I have shortlisted for LG are: LG W1952TE & LG W2252TE.

And for BENQ, it is: Benq E2200HD.

I went through series of description and comparison chart at different websites for the above mentioned LCDs but e'm still not confident in regards to which LCD I should go for therefore, here's where I need an expert's help!

Firstly, here are the links for respective models:

LG W1952TE:
    http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=6955&subcat=LCD

LG W2252TE:
    http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=6975&subcat=LCD

Benq E2200HD:
    http://www.benq.co.in/products/LCD/?product=1403

(Please Note: Once you are at LG's website, kindly click on Specifications tab for entire details).

Now, one interesting feature that I found in a Benq LCD over LG's LCD during my comparison is the HDCP feature Full Support which BENQ has to offer & this really tempts me to go with a BENQ LCD.

But what I am worried about is the stability and performance of BENQ LCD vs an LG LCD wherein both the company does provide 3 years warranty, however, which LCD could prove to be a better one in the long run once it crosses those 3years of warranty.

Also, we all are very much aware of the risks of using an LCD monitor over a CRT one and these risks can be > a) Lines appearing on the screen b) More dots appearing on the screen c) There's a part inside an LCD warranty I am not aware of but I have heard from others that if it goes bad, than the LCD becomes useless and one need to get rid of it completely  how true is this? Therefore, which LCD among LG & BENQ has wider chances of getting affected by above mentioned points?

I would need a good support from the experts out here in order to help me re-gain confidence in buying an LCD Monitor since they are costly.

There's one more question I would like to ask. Firstly, request you to kindly have a look at the screenshots attached with the post.

Now, looking at these screenshots, at least for BENQ, I am quiet sure that it has a glossy finish but e'm not sure for LG LCD. Therefore, could you kindly confirm if both LG & BENQ LCD have glossy (Shiny) finish or does some part of it also have a Matt finishing.
    B'coz, I am always interested in buying a product that looks attractive, i.e., has shinning (Glossy) finishing.

I will greatly appreciate a quick reply on this!

Regards,
    Apoorva.

Re: Is an LG LCD Monitor better & stable or a Benq LCD?

in my view LG is BEST because most important its service and available dealers in market and quality of display is also nice but while in my survey the display of view sonic was better. and i dont have idea about benq not heard good things about it..

I will suggest you a benq E2200HD.
    Cheap and most importantly you get higher resolution than other with similar price range.

Going through the specifications, they seem equally good for all the three you have mentioned. The BenQ stands apart with 1 step as its resolution is better than LG's. BenQ monitors are good performers as per the reviews and since all the monitors are with 3 yrs. warranty, there should not be any worries about their reliability. So my vote for BenQ.

Thanks all for your prompt response! But while comparing the screen clarity, picture quality, viewing side angle & performance of the LCD such as response time, which one would you people suggest between Benq E2200HD, LG & ViewSonic?

Regards,
    Apoorva.
    Last edited by apoorvasheth; 06-03-2009 at 08:03 PM.

My main purpose of using this LCD will be for gaming, videos, day to day simple use such as web browsing, viewing photos clicked with Nokia 3250, viewing pictures, viewing hi fi flims such as Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Titanic wherein the ship breaks....sorry no 3D Animation or 3D Modelling that I'll be using this monitor for such as 3DMAX, Maya, Adobe After Effects, etc...

So, I hope you people have by now got somewhat idea based on my ideal use of the LCD that I will be purchasing.

Kindly let me know at your earliest...

Regards,
    Apoorva.
    Last edited by apoorvasheth; 06-03-2009 at 08:04 PM.