Thread: Problem with 8800 GTX Video Card

Problem with 8800 GTX Video Card

hi there

I am having a strange problem regarding my Nvisia geforce 8800 GTX video card. I installed the card and connected it properly but aftre few day's it is dshowing me black color display.
    Please help me regarding this problem

Your views will be appreciated

Re: Problem with 8800 GTX Video Card

Before you try to replace a graphics card or do a reinstall of an Operating System- Check to see if the jumpers on the hard drive are set to master. This is a small clip that sits in pins on the back of the hard drive. Cable select could be going out and cause the same symptoms. If you are not sure how to set a jumper just google it for directions and it should help, but hard drive a labeled. CS-for cable select, SL- for slave, and MA- for master. If you have a SATA hard drive you don't need to set jumpers.

Before you try to replace a graphics card or do a reinstall of an Operating System- Check to see if the jumpers on the hard drive are set to master. This is a small clip that sits in pins on the back of the hard drive. Cable select could be going out and cause the same symptoms. If you are not sure how to set a jumper just google it for directions and it should help, but hard drive a labeled. CS-for cable select, SL- for slave, and MA- for master.

My problem was the same you describe: Everything was fine, until i installed the video driver. On the first reboot after installing the driver Windows loads normally until right before the welcome screen. The display goes black and display LED blinks. I can tell Windows still continues to load because i can hear the startup sound from my speakers and the harddisk activity looks normal too. The system will even shutdown properly with a single push on the power switch. So no crashes or anything, just no display output. Booting to safe mode is fine. In safe mode you can remove the Nvidia driver in Device Manager so you can boot back to normal mode again.

After googling i tried various things:
    - First went on installing all the other drivers and updated the BIOS, since it was a brand new system on a fresh install. This may be a useful tip for people with the same kind of problem: Always check your motherboard's site for the latest BIOS version.
    - Tried the latest driver from Nvidia's site (the first time was the driver offered trough Microsoft Update). Nvidia's own driver got me past the welcome screen, but a few seconds after the welcome screen the display went black again. I guess Nvidia's own driver applies the new settings a little later than the one

I'm having the same problem. I installed the new driver a month ago and have not had a problem until last night. Now its blacking out. I turned the automatic restart off to see if a blue screen came up and one came up saying the driver was the problem. I'm not sure what to do. I can't roll back the driver either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate safe mode!! lol.