Thread: Dual Screen TV issue

Dual Screen TV issue

Hello,
    I bought a Sony Bravia TV 32w4000 with a resolution of 1920 * 1080.
    I have a screen of 22 "in 1680 * 1050.
    I connect my PC screen in DVI and by my TV HDMI> DVI on a 8800 GTX
    I'm on Vista64 nView therefore not available.
    Here is my problem, although I have my drivers with good resolution for the tv, I do manual adjustment of nvidia drivers for all the screen. I wanted to put a game on tv for my test, I've put in a window and when I slipped back into full screen I could see a bar at the top while the rest is black.
    If I try to set the correct resolution before switching to full screen I do not have 1920 * 1080 * 1680 only 1024 proposed.
    And when I finally met in clone mode, I have the same problem as above on the tv I see only the top of my beautiful and the bottom is all black.
    Please help me, Thank you
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.

Re: Dual Screen TV issue

I just encountered the same type of problem! I use dual monitors (LCD @ 1920x1200; CRT @ 1600x1200) and the tearing only occurs on the LCD @ 1920x1200. I have tried turning Sync to VBlank on and off, I even rolled back the driver to 180.11 (when I noticed it happening I had 180.22 installed).

This is very frustrating!

EDIT: I just tested again and it only seems to be happening with VLC. Xine and mplayer have no problems at all with the tearing/sync. I have tried various video output modules in VLC as well, but none fix the problem (and OpenGL output video module in VLC causes an instant crash everytime).

Nvidia has software that is available for their products that supports multiple screens. Go to their website and look for the nview software for your card.

This will allow you to define how each monitor behaves (resolution, colors, which apps open on what screen, etc..)

I'm an ATI video kind of guy, so Catalyst Control Centre takes care of business for me, but that doesn't alter what we do in our lounge rooms for music. In my case I have a Benq 19" LCD monitor so that I don't have to turn on the projector. Just set up a mate with a 16" wide screen LCD so that he doesn't have to crank up his 50" for a few tunes.

My thoughts are something cheap and easy that you can clone the main screen on and is not to obtrusive in the room.
    I feel sad for people with good imagination.