Thread: Smallest GPUs for NVIDIA and ATI coming soon

Smallest GPUs for NVIDIA and ATI coming soon

"Whether that ATI NVIDIA reduce orders for new chips built with technology at 40 nanometers, due to the contraction of the market"

The difficulties of the global economy are also affecting the supply side of technological innovation, at least according to what is suggested leaked TSMC, the Taiwanese company that manufactures most of the ATI and NVIDIA GPU available on the market.

Both companies, according to early exit from web site in this news, would have reduced their orders to TSMC to produce new GPU built with technology at 40 nanometers. We refer to the next generation of video cards, expected to debut in second and third quarter of the year.

Both companies have in fact reduced the amount of orders initially planned for this new production technology of an amount varying between 30% and 40%. Expectations are therefore a contraction of market demand for new video cards for the coming months.

A further explanation is dictated by the desire of both companies to reduce their inventories, purpose of the rest shared by the various partners AIB (add in board) that sell video cards based on GPUs from ATI and NVIDIA. The most recent financial performance of NVIDIA, reported fourth quarter 2008, showing their maneuvers of the partners aim to reduce inventories, move that has greatly reduced the total turnover generated by NVIDIA in the reporting period.

The information is not confirmed by the companies, include the debut of the ATI RV740 GPU technology at 40 nanometer production during the month of April 2009, followed NVIDIA GT212 will present the solutions in the second quarter.

Re: Smallest GPUs for NVIDIA and ATI coming soon

Perhaps the last stop to take the seat with GPU ultra expensive and ultra unnecessary to end the crisis and to serve the people think, I know so much that the current series hd4800 and gtx200 their homes ATI and nVidia will remain for quite some of time on top of my mind....

I hold my HD4670 and makes enough, had to be more 'careful not to overclock it, and there was an over-production of goods that wear out quickly ... in a few months we will see if i want to monetize by lowering prices..

IMHO in the years to net PC = (book?) E = Console games ... and PC gaming will always be less.
    So Nvidia would do better to find a place in the new console generation, perhaps.