Thread: Monitor Warranty Invoice Lost ?

Monitor Warranty Invoice Lost ?

Hello,

I am selling a monitor that I buy from the street trade, it is have still 3 years warranty, do I have to provide the invoice (which is unfortunately lost) to a buyer for the remaining duration for on-site warranty to be valid?
    thank you

Re: Monitor Warranty Invoice Lost ?

Yes it is necessary to provide the invoice or the warranty will work for the buyer if he has a problem. Go to your client contact by typing your login if you have placed your order via the Internet. It seems to me that it is possible to recover the duplicate of your invoice which will show up to the buyer when the screen is secured and can be used if it encounters a problem before the end of the warranty.

you can try calling the people you bought it from to see if you can get a copy of the receipt that they have but if not call the warranty center and give them the serial number and see if its in there computer that the warranty is still availaible.........

Normally If we think Logically and legally it is the customers responsibility to keep their proof of purchase, it has nothing to do with the store. Secondly you have a statement that says you transfered them money, that has no direct proof to say it was the monitor you purchased. What if I bought two moniter, one was a year ago and another was two years ago? The one two years ago packs it in and I show them the transaction from a year ago, no proof what so ever. Fair Trading will tell you essentially the same thing. Saying that - simply contact the store and have a nice polite conversation with them, the vast vast majority will help you if they can. Its just legally if push came to shove you don't have a leg to stand on.