Thread: GeForce 2X poor performance

GeForce 2X poor performance

Hello ,I have purchased and pld Leadtek WinFast G2MX from my freinds Previously, I had an ATI Rage 128 Pro. Now to my problem By 3DMark2000, I still come to almost 5000 points (compared to ATI 1600 ...), but I notice in the demo of Fifa2001 at each resolution there are EXTREME shakes, although the graphics card is properly detected. With ATI it ran perfectly smooth, even at high resolutions. i think the problem cannot lie in hardware Can not lie in the hardware (PIII800, 256MB RAM), especially since the game is not exactly known so hardware is the problem. Is now the Fifa demo, or what is the reason for the poor performance?

Re: GeForce 2X poor performance

I had a similar problem: despite Geforce2 GTS and over 5500 3D Mark 2000 eternal jerkiness.and finally After weeks of searching finally found the problem: The busmaster! Chipset drivers were installed, but probably not correct. After updating to the latest 4 in 1 of Via finally ran it, even with the older Voodoo 3 3500 without bucking.

As sometimes when your graphics card is more powerful than your cpu it moght result in poor performave If you're running those video cards, your will probably reduce your ultimate performance. Those GPU's are more powerful than your old CPU

you should Download the latest driver for your graphics card manufacturer. and aslo you can Set your operating system performance settings to performace instead of quality. Don't worry, this will not affect the way your games look, it will only get rid of all the fancy graphics that Microsoft slaps into their operating system. Your computer will look like you are running Windows 95, but everything will run faster and smoother.. Make sure that Windows Vista is not using more than one paging file on a single hard drive. (multiple partitions - each containing a paging file) This will slow your computer to a screetching halt, and most installations of Vista have this by default.