Thread: Problem video Ati Mobility Radeon X700

Problem video Ati Mobility Radeon X700

I have a notebook Acer aspire 1694WLMI, and a few days on the display of dots I peep and then discontinue the vertical lines and horizontal, until everything is blocked .... this happens if I install the drivers on windows and ATI even happens if the boot another partition ubuntu.
    From that premise, I've tried to connect external display and the same problem.
    I tried to uninstall the drivers from ATI and windows work, but in increments of course .... then I installed the update and after a bit of the same problem.
    I uninstalled the new ATI drivers and I installed the omega drivers who do not have 3D acceleration and all goes well, even if the windows are moving in increments.
    Now I do not know what to do: I think it is a problem of video card that is welcoming, Is there anyone who has had the same problem or can confirm that it is a problem of video card?
    Also wanted to know, given that this card is connected to my notebook via attack PCI-E, it is possible that I can change it with a GeForce 8600M GS, which is standard MXMII.

Thanks, for your help.

Re: Problem video Ati Mobility Radeon X700

Given what I just write that you have to compromise with the some of its performance issues.
    If I remember correctly, the X700 should be a MXM type 1 and type 2 different of 8600M Gs.

Re: Problem video Ati Mobility Radeon X700

Then my PC supports MXM?
    If so is perfect because at least I can change my card, otherwise it is welded directly to the motherboard.
    Unlike the MXM I and II is the size .... I think I have only seen if the MXM II is compatible .... I hope I will!