Thread: Video Acceleration causes crashes. Help

Video Acceleration causes crashes. Help

ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series (lastest driver)
    XP SP3
    Directx 9c

Hello,

Basically when i watch movies on my PC after 1-2 secs it will go "Not Responding" but the sound keeps going, then when i try to end process it freezes the PC(mouse movable), after that i click anywhere on the screen 5 times it makes a "Beep" noise(same beep at boot up) and then the mouse freezes. After that i have to force restart button my PC.

Also happens in games such as "Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne" and "Rise Of Nations" because both these game start with a mini intro movie. Once again it freezes, i end process it,5 clicks anywhere on the monitor,*Beep*, my PC freezes.

To watch movies i have to disable "Video Acceleration" in WMP options but in games like Warcraft 3, Rise Of nations that start with a mini video. There is no way i can turn off acceleration without degrading the games graphics("hardwar Acceleration to slider 3), instead it just shows a pitch black screen.

Also on the dxdiag when i disable Direct3D Acceleration and re-enable it the same things happen, freeze(mouse still moves), 5 clicks anywhere on the screen, PC is frozen(can't move mouse)

Any suggestions because I'm running out of hope,

Thanks.

P.S Yes i have already tried re-installing my graphics driver.

Video Acceleration causes crashes. Help

Its surely looking GFX problem have you downloaded the updated driver for your GFX ?

Re: Video Acceleration causes crashes. Help

You might try reloading the ATI drivers. Also, heat may be an issue.You might check the fan to make sure it is running. Also, are you having any other problems with games? You may try downloading 3DMark and looping it to see if you have any issues (kind of like a burn in for your video card, to test stability).

Quote Originally Posted by HOCKSON View Post
    You might try reloading the ATI drivers. Also, heat may be an issue.
    You might check the fan to make sure it is running. Also, are you having
    any other problems with games? You may try downloading 3DMark and
    looping it to see if you have any issues (kind of like a burn in for
    your video card, to test stability).
    Driver is at its latest, One thing that i saw is that the graphics card fan isnt moving. ill go check out the 3DMark.

What could be wrong with a fan not moving?

I tested my computer with the 3DMark and all of it worked normaly except that i had really low FPS Rate for most of the tests.

How do i do that "Looping" thing with 3DMark?

Quote Originally Posted by Weho View Post
    I tested my computer with the 3DMark and all of it worked normaly except that i had really low FPS Rate for most of the tests.

How do i do that "Looping" thing with 3DMark?
    you can only loop if you have a registered version of 3DMark05

Its under Settings>Change>Repeat and Loop
    But this is greyed out in the trial version

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    you can only loop if you have a registered version of 3DMark05

Its under Settings>Change>Repeat and Loop
    But this is greyed out in the trial version
    Thanks, how much times should i loop it? and how would looping work?

You might be able to do it through the command line interface, if you have the Pro version. I'll do a quick check for you.

Edit: Nope - it seems 3 times is the limit, even with the command line.

Hi I would surmize the fan is the issue.

1, get rid of the stuck fan get your gpu cooled down before it cooks. Use Crc or some other 3 in one lubricant (clean,lubricate,protects) from the local petrol station or walmart etc..

2, check the directX drivers are the latest or compatible, certain versions of directX just dont work on all cards, like directX 8.1 doesnt work or at least fully supported on direct X 10 cards for example - at least thats what i have been told.

3, Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Weho View Post
    ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series (lastest driver)
    XP SP3
    Directx 9c

Hello,

Basically when i watch movies on my PC after 1-2 secs it will go "Not Responding" but the sound keeps going, then when i try to end process it freezes the PC(mouse movable), after that i click anywhere on the screen 5 times it makes a "Beep" noise(same beep at boot up) and then the mouse freezes. After that i have to force restart button my PC.

Also happens in games such as "Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne" and "Rise Of Nations" because both these game start with a mini intro movie. Once again it freezes, i end process it,5 clicks anywhere on the monitor,*Beep*, my PC freezes.

To watch movies i have to disable "Video Acceleration" in WMP options but in games like Warcraft 3, Rise Of nations that start with a mini video. There is no way i can turn off acceleration without degrading the games graphics("hardwar Acceleration to slider 3), instead it just shows a pitch black screen.

Also on the dxdiag when i disable Direct3D Acceleration and re-enable it the same things happen, freeze(mouse still moves), 5 clicks anywhere on the screen, PC is frozen(can't move mouse)

Any suggestions because I'm running out of hope,

Thanks.

P.S Yes i have already tried re-installing my graphics driver.
    Did you tried installing updated version of your Graphics drivers? if not please do it because sometimes drivers itself has a lots of bugs which maybe the sole reason of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Did you tried installing updated version of your Graphics drivers? if not please do it because sometimes drivers itself has a lots of bugs which maybe the sole reason of problem.
    Yes i have already updated to the latest driver.

BTW games like CS work normaly.

I found the "loop" settings and will try it.

Directx is updated to 9c because i have Win XP.

i am grateful for all your help.

Rightnow my current system is very old(6-7 years old) and i am going to buy a new full computer throw this lagy junk away .