Thread: Changing from nvidia to ATI?

Changing from nvidia to ATI?

Hi,
    guys can you give your openion on this?
    I been having problem with Nvidia lately and its pissing me off. 200 Series having alot of problems with drivers. I was thinking changing my cards to 4870. What you guys think?

I see everyone changing to ATI and enjoying the ATI cards. their Driver dosent support older games or it runs like crap! I dont know what is Nvidia is doing right now, why do I have a feeling that they are releasing a new card soon just because of ATI 4870x2? Just because of working on their new card beating 4870x2, they totally ignore the 200 series cards?

I'll always reformat between video card changes, you really don't have to. All you need to do is get a driver clean up program like detonator destroyer.

The choice is yours, reformatting will also clean up your registry but then you have to reinstall everything, get all the updates and what not.

If it's been quite awhile, it would probably be better to do a fresh OS install.

That would make sure that there are no residual drivers/registry entries, and perk up your over all performance as well.

As far as changing video cards from nVidia to ATI, the best thing to do is get Driver Cleaner, Nasty File Remover, Detonator Destroyer.
    Then, uninstall the nvidia card using Control Panel-->Add Remove Hardware. At this point, don't restart your computer.
    Next, run Driver Cleaner, detonator Destroyer, Nasty File Remover. and a registry cleaner program to get rid of all the little files left behind by nvidia.
    Then, install your new card and drivers, you should be set to go.

Here is a solution, you can download riva tuner and turn the fan on at 100% that might help for crysis. I even heard other ppl getting artifacts with that card.
    The only difference changing your cards is nvidia has a better fan and case, it's slower than the 4870 for the benchmarks. I'm only saying, I question the build quality of ati and how alot of games stutter all the time because it goes fast then really slow all the time. I don't have any problems with nvidia cards. I think I have 5 nvidia cards and one ati.