Thread: "Operation Failed"

"Operation Failed"

I have some Microsoft Project file and whenever i am trying to open them i am getting an error message saying "Operation Failed". Those files were created in same version of Microsoft so there is no case of incompatibility. There is something else that is causing this error to come up, has anyone else faced the same issue or has any idea about the same???

Re: "Operation Failed"

I am not sure but i think that the installation of your Microsoft Project might have got corrupted. I want to know which version of Microsoft Project you are currently using?? Is it updated with recommended updates?? If yes, then i will suggest you to repair it. You can find the repairing option under Help menu in Project. If that doesn't make any difference then you will have to reinstall Microsoft Project. I cant think of anything else that might be causing this issue if those files are were created in same version of Microsoft Project.

Re: "Operation Failed"

Yes let us know the version of Project you are using and the Service Pack are you using, so that we an have better idea of the issue you are going through and will try to help you with the same.

If you have SP2 of Windows XP on you system and id you see article #948962 in show updates Project 2003, then i will like to inform you that you are going through a common issue. The cause of this issue is patch #948962, many people have installed this patch and have ran in to similar issue.
    In order to get a better idea of what i am talking about and how to fix this issue, just go through below article.
    Information about the Project 2003 file formats that are blocked after you install Project 2003 Service Pack 3