Thread: Milestone View on Microsoft Project

Milestone View on Microsoft Project

Is there any information available on Milestone task in microsoft project. Does that really work well. I am not able to find the same. I thought it would be on the same spot as it was before, but somehow in the new edition the place is modified. It is a bit annoying to find the the on the top of tool bar. Also there is a missing summary task which does not work quiet well. I am looking for some solution that can allow me to link excel files to the same.

You can group them if you want to get a proper view. You can simply drag all the milestone at the top side where it was before and get the old type of list back again. It is one of the best way. I think there are majority of changes in the new edition which might make Project a bit more complicated for users those who are quiet use to the older one. Linking Excel with Project is another troublesome job and there is no way to find out how to work on it. I had just started using and update more here about linking Excel sheet with it.

You will need a script for the same. In the new edition there are less chances to find whether Excel is linked or not. But I had always faced the trouble while working outside project. If you are working with the mpp files then that's all. Things goes well, but if you have to work by converting the same from one format to other and then getting the final output on it. There can be complication in getting a working solution.