Thread: How to convert Microsoft Project 2003 trial to complete licensed edition

How to convert Microsoft Project 2003 trial to complete licensed edition

I need some help here to convert Project 2003 Trial to full edition. Is that possible. If yes then how. I am using a trial edition of Project 2003 which is about to expire. I am not able to get the full product. I think there will be some way to either increase the trial period or simply convert this evaluation edition to full edition. There are all features available in the trial period which are provided in the full edition. I just want to use this.

You will need to buy a license key. Project comes with that features. You just need to upgrade the same to a new edition with license key available. It will be then activated for life time. It is one of the best way. There is no option available through which you can convert a trial version to a full version. You have to buy the license key and activate your product online to get maximum update from Windows. Go to Help and then click on Activate Product. There you can find the option to convert your existing free edition to retail edition and it is going to work well.

You can try re-installing the same edition again and you might gain the same trial period back. I had used office for sometime. But at the end you will need to purchase a license copy and then it is completely unlocked. The upgrade guide is available on the official website of Microsoft from where you can collect more information. Or the best thing you can do is simply order a retail dvd from the official site of microsoft or amazon and install that in your system.

re: How to convert Microsoft Project 2003 trial to complete licensed edition

Julie,
    What about if I need to save my project in the .mpx format? What then, as MSP 2007 doesn't allow that option?

Sorry, my earlier post has disappeared. I am guessing you need the *.mpx format because you are attempting to import Microsoft Project data into another product? Does the other product support XML data?

You can try Visio for that. To some extent this is supported by it. You will need to start it and then from the File click on New. Then click on business diagram. Later on you can see an option saying Project timeline wizard. Choose it and click on Next. Then from the next window you will need to click on Import Mpx file. You can then import that in this tool. There are some instruction you will need to follow, you can see the same on your screen.

Hi CodGuru,

Unless I've misunderstood, I think the OP wanted to save Project data as mpx and the challenge is with Project 2007, the mpx file format is not available.

Julie