Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS Project vs. Primavera

Re: MS Project vs. Primavera

For the last 4yrs am using both Primavera and Msp. If anybody looking for a scheduler or Project controller, please contact me at +96896473539.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gkpillai.anoop View Post
    For the last 4yrs am using both Primavera and Msp. If anybody looking for a scheduler or Project controller, please contact me at +96896473539.
    My Email id is gkpillai.anoop@gmail.com

hi
    I have a question I can not find the answer why scheduling project management software (mocrosoft project or primavera and pert master) with Scheduling constrained resources I have various answered for scheduling
    I can not understand why they differ answered
    please help me
    hosseinoroji@gmail.com

Primavera Project Planner is the older brother of Microsoft Project. Besides it is a complete program which gives more opportunities for information, updating planning with field data, etc. It has two basic advantages, for me, Spring uses the SQL database so you can quickly handle very large and complex projects. The other advantage for me very important, is that Spring is perfectly suited to the planning system of Bernard Roy. Allowing the relationship between the activities Home - home, end - start and end - end. Something that Microsoft Project can not do. In any case if the schedules are going to develop we are not too complex, and Roy need to apply the system I would advise you use the Project as well as being more universal is translated into Spanish. Something that even Hispanic Internet users have not yet been able to get the Spring.

Both P6 and MS Project yield wrong float values after resource leveling.

MS Project does not even tries to calculate resource leveled float while P6 tries when Preserve scheduled early and late dates is unchecked. Still P6 yields in ocassions wrong results. In the most easier to detect ocassions it can yield Free Float values when Total Float displayed is zero, when total float displayed is other than zero you do not know it total float and free float are correct, and these are harder to detect. This erroneous output will not be dependant on the scheduler is due to faulty software.
    Last edited by davilara; 22-03-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Primavera and P6 both yield wrong float values after resource leveling.MS Project do not even tries while P6 tries to do so when you uncheck Preserve Scheduled Early and Late Dates. Still P6 in ocassions yields positive values of Free Float when it displays Zero Total Float and also in others misses the correct value.

See inclosed image file to see how P6 can display positive values of free float when total float displayed is zero.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p6-float-calculations-png  

See enclosed files for a view of float calculations after resource leveling by MS Project.

MS Project float after resource leveling are wrong. If you delay activities A, B or C by say 2 days, less than displayed total float, the job will be delayed !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-project-overallocated-unleveled-png   ms-project-after-resource-leveling-png  

Re: Project compare to Primavera

If it is so good please allow me to ask a simple question: Why did they sell it (I mean Primavera) to Oracle ?

Re: Project compare to Primavera

Ok so this thread is sooooooo old. But you hit a nerve close to home.
    Joel and his partner got a great deal I would assume. I first met Joel in 1990 or 1991 when he personally conducted some training at my work place. I thought wow, this is the owner of primavera doing the training himself. I already knew and used the product so I was impressed that he was so connected to the end users; even the novice users. As I already said, Joel and his team were tied into the end-users all the time. Do you know what it is like to run a big business? I already know the answer: You do not. My wife ran a company similar to Primavera in certain respects. It is draining. So Payday baby. Eventually you want to retire.

Have you any experience in selling businesses? I already know the answer: You do not. It is not like selling the car that is about to break down: quick give it a p[aint job and get rid of it before it breaks! Selling a business is totally different. You provide years and years of data to back up the sale. Legal data, tax data, employee and customer records, etc. Lawyers, lawyers, lawyers. And if you think Larry Ellison buys crap businesses you really need to study up.

My wife built a company from 5 people to over 300 engineers and sold it to Larry Ellison. He does not buy crap businesses. You could not sell him a crappy business if you tried using sluts, strippers, and starlets as your sales team to hide the defects. That is not how selling a business to Larry Ellison works.

You answered your own question: Oracle. They were bought by Oracle. Because it is a very good product.

So go ahead and tell me: you use sharepoint? project server? years doing it? Me too. I make my living on it. I enjoy it. Very much. But the fact remains that MS produces crappy products (in the realm of MSP Server) and ships them full of defects and bugs. And if you really do use the product to great extent at all, then you KNOW this is true because you or your IT group is probably installing the cumulative updates that fix (and break) features every 2 months. And I defend the product to others. However this original post was one of frustration. I had been spending hours on issues that were really bugs in the SW. Go figure. But hey, I am learning new things all the time and that is fun for me. If you love this product as do I, then really we are on the same page. But the page has many errors and faults.

I mean no ill intent to anyone who wants to defend this product. The 2010 product is much better in many features and the future is always bright.

Adios.
    Zindar

Hi,
    I'm a beginner of ms project 2010. But I have experience in Primavera P6. And I appericiate what you have done on ms project. But now I've a little bit problem with ms project 2010 to export out resource assignment for late start and finish dates. Normally in P6, we can export out both early and late dates data. Thank in advance for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by AlinZ View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a beginner of ms project 2010. But I have experience in Primavera P6. And I appericiate what you have done on ms project. But now I've a little bit problem with ms project 2010 to export out resource assignment for late start and finish dates. Normally in P6, we can export out both early and late dates data. Thank in advance for your reply.
    I think that placeholder tasks let users create a plan by using task names only. Users can enter any combination of start date, finish date, and duration and fill in the rest later. For more information go to this website.

I am looking for a competitive career in the field of project management. I have 5yrs total experience, in that 3 yrs experience in Middle East. If you feel my CV will suits any of your Vacancies please don't hesitate to contact me. My mob no is +971552314946
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gkpillai.anoop View Post
    I am looking for a competitive career in the field of project management. I have 5yrs total experience, in that 3 yrs experience in Middle East. If you feel my CV will suits any of your Vacancies please don't hesitate to contact me. My mob no is +971552314946
    You are going totally off-topic for what ever you have written that doesnt complies or has to do anything in this thread? Please dont hijack threads and create your own topic if you would like to.

ppl am asking u about Primavera P6.0 PRO (2008)
    i used msp nd un happy with some results
    plz any one can help me
    i need the software link if u can plz
    more thnx if u give me a torrent kink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12