Thread: MS Project 2007 issues - aggregation inconsistencies, resource names with unexplained %

MS Project 2007 issues - aggregation inconsistencies, resource names with unexplained %

Dear all,
    I've been trying to resolve a couple of issues on MS Project 2007 - any ideas much appreciated:

1. I've got some issues with the aggregation of some fields such as BCWS - the sub-elements add up to more than the aggregated figure at the next level up. Shouldn't they be the same?

2. I've got some unexplained % figures next to some of my resource names such as 'desiger 1 [92%]' for which there is only one resource - i.e. it should be 100%. I'm assuming that it's working this out from something, but I can't see what, and what about the remaining 8%?

Thanks!

Matt.

Re: MS Project 2007 issues - aggregation inconsistencies, resource names with unexplained %

1. I've got some issues with the aggregation of some fields such as BCWS - the sub-elements add up to more than the aggregated figure at the next level up. Shouldn't they be the same?

Is it possible you added new tasks or re-baselined existing tasks without rolling up the new values to the summary?

2. I've got some unexplained % figures next to some of my resource names such as 'desiger 1 [92%]' for which there is only one resource - i.e. it should be 100%. I'm assuming that it's working this out from something, but I can't see what, and what about the remaining 8%?

My guess is you are using either Fixed Work tasks and you increased duration, dropping the assignment units or you are using Fixed Duration tasks and you decreased work, dropping assignment units.