Thread: Is it possible to use Project 2013 files with those who has older version

Is it possible to use Project 2013 files with those who has older version

I need some guidance over here. I am looking for some help here through which I can use the files of Project 2013 on older one. I had upgraded to this new edition recently and this one is having a set of new features which are really awesome. Now some of my employees who are in different branch are still using the older version of Project. It is 2010 I think. So if I create some files or some stuff in the new one, would it be easy to share the same with others without any problem.

Re: Is it possible to use Project 2013 files with those who has older version

I do not think. It is easy to share or work with older version file with the new one. But it is not possible to use the new files created in Project 2013 with Project 2010. There can be limitation of features of file format which can create. Better upgrade the same.

It is correct. It is complicated to work with new project files on a older version. For example it is more easier to edit files created in Project 2007, in Project 2013. I have the new edition and my people are using old one. It is Project 2007. Now I can open those files in compatibility mode, edit them and save them in new format. But if there is more older format then there will be problem. You can go from old to new, not new to old. Some how the new feature will not be recognized with the older edition of Project. It is essential that you must try to upgrade commonly at all places. I am going to go with the new upgrade and I hope this would be working really well. The new version of Project 2013 is more better and has ample of new things. It increases the productivity to great extent offering you some nice aspect in project management. What matters here is that you must convert the file in format which the software can read. Like if you are using 2010 or 2007, then it must be in matching format or else you will keep on facing error with the same. The compatibility mode works great for new version. But when you try to open a new version file in the old one you will get error on the screen.

There must not much gap between the new and old Project version. I think 2010 files work fine with 2013. It is also recommended that if you upgrade, go with even upgrade in all the system. That would avoid future errors.

I think files of Project 2010 and Project 2013 works really well in terms of format. There is proper file exchange among the same and you do not require any kind of conversion on it. But if you go with much older version then there is a issue. Like in Project 2007. If you try to open a file of Project 2010 or 2013 then there can be two things. Either there will be error in reading the file or even if the file opens ample of features will be turned off. Instead of messing with this version thing better go in the straight way. Get a new version on every pc and then work with new features. This will result in more product improvement. Sharing is one of the best features of new Project 2013. I had seen the new thing in it they are far more better compared to old one. But still it offers you to save files in different format on which basis you can use in different edition.