Thread: How to view the link between the deliverable project task and the dependency project task in project pro 2010

How to view the link between the deliverable project task and the dependency project task in project pro 2010

hi guys I need help on this I have looked everywhere for this but I am not able to find and response on this issue , this Is really very frustrating . I need to know is there any way that I can view the link between the deliverable project task and the dependency project task, the %completed, is there any way to create the display for the deliverables and their associated %completed from the dependency project. Now I know that you people need to know the more detail on the problem but I really don’t know the deliverable project task, I have no idea about the dependency project task. I know that I am using the term that I not standard for the most of you people here might have no idea what I have been talking but the fast that the term dependency and deliverable is the standard term in project pro 2010 and frankly I have no idea of any other terms. Please guys I need help on this, is there any one here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this . thanks in adv

Re: How to view the link between the deliverable project task and the dependency project task in project pro 2010

You are correct that the deliverable and dependency are standard terms although the deliverable project task and dependency project task is as well tricky . well you need to know the view that show the link the I like to suggest to see the Network Diagram or may be the Relationship Diagram. I am considering the deliverable projects task is just a task that conclude in a deliverable item. Although the dependency will be the predecessor or successor . and it is unclear that how exactly do you wish to put together the % complete data into your view. But you have said that something about the dependency project and that state that the master/subproject structure although I m a not sure that this is what you meant . yes we will be needed more information on the question that you have asked so that we able to know what you are looking for and can able to help you accordingly . all I can say at the moment is to look the Network Diagram or Relationship Diagram, see it any one of this has the view that you looking for

Re: How to view the link between the deliverable project task and the dependency project task in project pro 2010

Yeah it is very hard to understand that what you looking for and unless we able to know that it’s hard to assist you on anything see if I am correct , in case you are looking for the display % complete in the Gantt chart then I like to tell you that you can only display the task's % complete however not the predecessor's dependency % complete but then I am not sure that what are you looking for . in case I am correct then you can just do that by using the custom field with a formula which can get the % complete from the predecessor and that will be displayed on the format bar that is text bar , hope this would help you , let me know if that is what you are looking for

I have to disappoint you on this but I think on the formula it is not possible to use the values from other tasks , so the above suggestion that you have give may not be working over there . well I am not sure but I guess that I can may be able to help you . I think that it can work with the macro which copies the predecessor's % totally of a task to a custom field. Well I have did the same thing on my project with the custom field that got the task predecessor name. it is the alternative for the predecessor field except it will use the name and not the ID.0 this issue is that no one know what to do with several predecessors and what % complete to take. Things like that can be easily done with the VBA. But as for the question about the multiple predecessors as it is hard to understand what precisely the Hevel wants , it is very difficulty to provide the answer

Are you using Project server? Deliverables are defined by using Project Server and are used by one or several projects stored in Project Server.

The term deliverable is also used in the Project Management world to indicate something that is created, reviewed, and approved by the customer of the project.

As far as reflecting percent complete -- one option is to create summary tasks for the deliverable and include the tasks necessary to create the deliverable as subtasks. As you track subtasks, the percent complete will be reflected at the summary task level.

I hope this helps.

Julie