Thread: MS Project 2010 - Deleting OLE Links?

MS Project 2010 - Deleting OLE Links?

Hello All,

I recently decided to try and add some hammocks to my MS Project 2010 file to summarize what was going on with the program. I used the OLE links method of copying a start on an activity, and then pasting the link to the hammock task. Upon closing and re-opening the project, I saw that my links to the dates disappeared, which is fine as I decided to go a different way. However, now, everytime I open the file, I get a box with the following:

"Your File" Contains Linked Information.

Do you want to re-establish links?

If you want to update this information by accessing the linked project or the linked program and file, click Yes.

If you do not want to update the information and you want to use the existing information instead, click No.

Even after deleting the tasks that originally had the linked information, I still get this pop-up. Also, even adding the column "Linked Fields" I verify that none of my activities have any fields linked.

Any idea on how to get rid of the pop-up box?

Thanks for your help!

Re: MS Project 2010 - Deleting OLE Links?

Hello,

If you are seeing the dialog box, you still have the linked data. To turn off the display of the dialog, File > Options, Advanced. In the Edit section uncheck the option "Ask to update automatic links".

I hope this helps.

Julie

Re: MS Project 2010 - Deleting OLE Links?

Thanks for the response, I was actually able to get the box to go away by getting rid of the links. I had kept clicking no on the dialog box, when I clicked yes, it actually looks for the links, and since the links are no longer there it recommends removing them, and VOILA, no more pop-up box.